- Internships /
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Job Summary / Objectives
The TRM Production Support team is responsible for converting customer purchase orders into actionable plans including development deliverables, production plans, supplier delivery schedules and shipping schedules. The Buyer/Planner with the support of the Materials Manager works with the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to maintain stockroom inventories, receive materials from suppliers, ship product to customers and kit jobs for the Production team. The Buyer/Planner will also maintain MRO purchasing as well as schedule outside services in support of the production schedule.
What Your Weeks Will Look Like:
· Place all MRO Purchase Orders
· Plan Orders and procure materials to support production requirements
· Schedule all Sub Contract PO’s
· Create Job Orders for PCB and Machine Shop
· Work with Engineering in R & D efforts for procurement and sub contracting.
· Continually work to improve quality, delivery and cost through programs which:
- Will improve overall quality of vendors
- Negotiate favorable terms with existing vendors
- Clearly define the requirements of TRM with vendors
· Administer ECOs (internal and external)
· Manage Kanban inventory
· Review open requirements, monitor vendor performance and expediting where necessary
· Assure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to the vendor and resolved in a timely manner to support the needs of TRM
· Work with Account Payable to resolve and problems with vendors.
· Courier product between service suppliers as required.
· Back up Ship/Rec clerk as needed.
Other Aspects of the Position:
· Provide backup for Shipping & Receiving Coordinator when required
· Support the company though participation in continuous improvement efforts
The Skills You Need to be Successful:
· Knowledge and ability to record transactions properly in the ERP System
· High degree of accuracy in performance of job responsibilities
· Ability to handle the physical demands of the position (lifting, standing for extended periods)
· Organized and task driven
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 Years work experience
TRM Microwave recruits people who offer exceptional knowledge and skills along with the drive to share their talents with coworkers and customers alike. We invest in professional development so our employees can excel on the job and advance in their careers. As we grow and mature as a company we strive to keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive. Finding and retaining great people along with building exceptional teams are the best ways to improve employee satisfaction and achieve new levels of success.