- Internships /
- Case Manager - Clinical
Case Manager - ClinicalBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Senior Full Service Wellness Program is a Mental Health Services Act program serving older adults, aged 60 and over, living with severe psychiatric disorders, providing comprehensive and integrated treatment services, including mental health and substance abuse treatment, physical health care, housing assistance, and vocational and educational support. It employs an inter-agency, multidisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive, recovery-based services 24/7, including housing, basic needs assistance, and integrated mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
Provide outreach and engagement to challenging senior populations, typically homeless and living with severe and chronic mental illness, using the Mental Health Recovery Model. Perform key counseling, case management duties, crisis intervention and advocacy work in office and in community settings, including home and streets, both individually and in groups. Assist access to eligible benefits and housing resources. Work collaboratively with primary care providers, pharmacists and collateral agencies, advocating on behalf of the participants. Have the opportunity to share elements of personal recovery capacities with clients. Maintain documentation standards with daily progress notes, assessments and treatment plans of care, maintaining chart health standards. Assist in the development and organization and conducting of innovative programming utilizing recovery and strengths based approaches including harm reduction principles. The program follows a recovery-oriented model of care, and practices harm reduction. Meets with supervisors and/or program managers regularly; performs related duties as assigned. Maintain accurate detailed observation and progress records for later electronic billing data entry. Additional duties as needed will be assigned.
· Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology.
· BBS-registered; licensed or licensed-eligible (LCSW or MFT).
· Passionate about working with at-risk populations, interested in principles of recovery, and dedicated to creating caring, supportive therapeutic alliances.
· Bi-Lingual/Bi-Cultural Spanish speaking preferred; other Bi-Lingual/Bi-Cultural candidates welcome.
· Accurate and detail-oriented in documentation of treatment plans/charting.
· Knowledge of DSM-5 and diagnostic criteria.
· Experience with Community Behavioral Health Services (CBHS)
· Must have experience in case management and mental health services for people living with severe and chronic mental illness.
· Must have a valid California driver’s license.
· Experience serving those living with dual diagnoses, and experience with seniors strongly preferred.
· Ability to work with various ethnic backgrounds and cultural orientations.
· Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, when needed.
· Skilled at building rapport with people living with mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
· Team player with a welcoming, collaborative attitude.
Position: Full-time, 37.5 wk
Reports to: Program Manager
Founded in 1889, the Felton Institute (formerly Family Service Agency of San Francisco) has a 121- year history of innovation in services for vulnerable children, families, and adults. With a $16 million operating budget and nearly 300 employees, FSA offers a dynamic, challenging, and supportive work environment. All staff is supported to increase their skills, enter new domains, and increase their position and salary as their skills grow. FSA offers an excellent benefits package and salaries that are well over the median or Bay Area non-profits. We are seeking employees who are excited by the idea of lifelong growth in the skills they bring to helping those in need.