- Internships /
- Civil Construction Estimator
Civil Construction EstimatorBookmark This
River Front LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Large site contractor currently seeking a Civil Construction Estimator for our Lumberton NJ location.
· Ensure that accurate and complete estimates of project are prepared on time, in a professional and competitive manner.
· Ability to complete conceptual estimates from preliminary concept drawings by calculating quantity take-off and unit prices.
· Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work, cost of work and required schedule durations.
· Attend proposal meetings to discuss scope of work, answer questions and discuss value engineering ideas.
· Maintain and organize files and database pertaining to proposals and information on pricing, subcontractors and suppliers for future use.
· Request quotations; organize, review and analyze quotes received from subcontractors and suppliers.
· Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders in pre, during and post estimating phases.
· Analyze bid vs. actual job costing information in collaboration with Project Manager and Operations Superintendent to ensure accuracy and competitiveness of future proposal generation.
· BS in Engineering or ten (10) years related construction field experience.
· Able to make decisions under tight deadlines.
· Able to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
· Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control.
· Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
· Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes using customer input to make improvements and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations.
· Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the Company, its values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
We have a proven track record in integrating and executing service and product delivery. Our projects are done on time and on budget without compromising safety. At the center of the operation is our Logistics Team. They coordinate our transportation fleet to ensure equipment and supplies are on your job site and ready for our field crews to prevent any delays.
Our full range of services and products is as follows:
Clearing, Demolition, Crushing, Earthwork, Utilities, Concrete Curb, Milling/Paving, Erosion Control, Fine Grade, Container Service