- Internships /
- Clinical Systems Engineer 1
Clinical Systems Engineer 1Bookmark This
ABM Healthcare Support Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Coordinates an organization-wide program to insure the effective deployment, integration and support of interconnected medical systems.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:2
- Maintains current inventory of networked and integrated medical systems (including catalog of services, features, interconnections)
- Coordinates security management process including risk (e.g., criticality & probability) and vulnerability analysis and related documentation associated with interconnected/integrated medical systems
- Coordinates with stakeholders a process to prioritize, develop and implement plan to manage/mitigate identified risks associated with interconnected/integrated medical systems by applying appropriate administrative, physical & technical safeguards
- Maintains the integrity of FDA approval for interconnected/integrated medical systems
- Works with stakeholders to insure effective deployment, integration, and support of new medical systems into legacy systems and non-medical elements of the organization’s information infrastructure.
- Works to assure systems are deployed into an optimum (i.e., secure & supportive) environment.
- Continually reviews system components to determine which are obsolete or otherwise no longer adequately supportable.
- Plans for and implements component upgrades/replacement in a timely manner.
- Identifies and manages appropriate software upgrades, security patches and anti-virus installs for interconnected/integrated medical systems according to industry best practices
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) on incidents involving integrated medical systems and reports findings to appropriate stakeholders for follow-up action
- Monitors and adopts industry “Best Practices” to insure integrity, availability & confidentiality of data maintained and transmitted across interconnected and integrated medical systems
- Educates stakeholders on security and other implications associated with the proliferation of interconnected and integrated medical technologies.
- Monitors ECRI and other regulatory agencies’ Recalls and Alerts and manages the proper actions with clinical engineering managers.
- Requires air/auto travel, 25-35% of the time.
Minimum Requirements *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical or Clinical Engineering.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in clinical engineering and information systems
- Project management and planning skills/experience
- Strong communication and team building skills across functional areas
- Certification (completed or in process) preferred in one or more of following:
- Certified Clinical Engineering (CCE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) by (ISC)2
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Engineer (MCSE)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write and speak English
ABM Healthcare Support Services joins together three healthcare services leaders HHA Services, Healthcare Parking Systems of America (HPSA) and ABM Health to provide each of the services needed to support healthcare entire ecosystem from hospitals to ambulatory surgical centers and medical office buildings. Services provided include clinical engineering & healthcare technologies, environmental services, facility management, food service, hospitality, parking, patient observation & transportation, and security.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (MINORITY/FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)