- Internships /
- CNC Milling Machinist - 2nd shift
CNC Milling Machinist - 2nd shiftBookmark This
Astro Mfg & Design
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are seeking a CNC milling machinist-2nd Shift to join our team!
CNC Machinist to manufacture parts according to customer specifications utilizing various machines and machining technologies.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience
- Must have setup and programming capabilities
- Must not be intimidated by complex parts or tight tolerances
- May be necessary to operate more than one machine at a time
- Capable of doing all math including basic shop geometry and trigonometry
- Work well with others to improve parts/process
- Ability to edit G code program with supervisor/programmer approval
- Able to set-up & operate various 3,4 & 5 axis VMC & HMC
- Must be familiar with GD&T
- Knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of inspection equipment.
- Oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following quality systems: ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485, AS 9100. quality standards
- Must take applicable safety precautions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must be familiar with and practice internal safety standards
- Set up, operate (and program a plus) machines necessary to manufacture parts to customer specification.
- Inspects parts as determined by the Quality Manager.
- Reports any manufacturing issues to supervisor and or quality department.
- Efficiently manufacture parts to blueprint specifications.
- Makes suggestions regarding improvement to part processing.
- Has ownership of the quality of parts manufactured.
Astro Manufacturing & Design is a full service custom manufacturer offering comprehensive manufacturing services for businesses in the medical, commercial and military aerospace, automotive and other industrial and technology related industries.
We offer our employees a Family Oriented, Dynamic Work Environment, Growth Potential, Education Assistance, and a Competitive Compensation and Benefits Program that includes: Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, 401-K- with Company Match, Paid Time Off and more!
JOIN OUR TEAM OF TALENTED EMPLOYEES!