- Internships /
- Commissioning Engineer
Commissioning EngineerBookmark This
Schenck Rotec Corporation
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The commissioning engineer provides commissioning for projects and products by installing, debugging and adjusting the electronic, electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic portions of machines at customer’s site and during the assembly process in-house.
This position may require supervision of on-site labor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Execution of commissioning activities relevant to the project
· Conduct equipment, controls hardware and software start-up and debug
· Suggest engineering changes to improve performance of the system
· Verify hardwired installation
· Record baseline data
· Mark up drawing changes
· Project performance and data collection
· Forecast project schedule
· Produce daily site reports
· Provide standby and customer support
· Provide training on Schenck Rotec products to customer representatives
· Perform all preventative maintenance on machines
· Support field personnel
· Assist with installation supervision as needed
· Support selection and controls of suppliers and Purchased Equipment vendors
· Assemble, debug and adjust the electronic and electro-mechanical portion of machines during the assembly process in the manufacturing department at Schenck Rotec
· Promote the sales of service, training, masters, parts, machines
· Complete detailed service report of work performed during service call, including collecting customer data per applicable procedure(s)
· Work closely with customers to identifying their needs and service issues
· Assist shop/manufacturing floor assembly when not conducting commissioning activities
· Associate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology, BSEE or BSME preferred. Will consider equivalent experience.
· 5 years of experience in an automotive, machine tool manufacturing environment.
· 3 years of experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens S7 PLC.
· 3 years of experience with controls applications for machine tools and/or test equipment.
· Control Panel building abilities desired.
· Expertise in rotating/balancing equipment a plus.
· Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Significant abilities in control applications for machine tools and/or test equipment
· Strong electrical, mechanical, pneumatic skills in machine tooling/test equipment
· Superior abilities in customer relations and technical management
· Requires ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers at all times and under all conditions
· Superior organizational and analytical abilities needed to communicate manufacturing needs with other departments
· Must be able to function in a quick paced manufacturing environment with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Superior skills in time management
Special Position Requirements
· Requires travel to customer or supplier as required during all phases of a job.
· Requires travel, both local, out of state and out of country, sometimes with very little notice, and extensive overtime as necessary to meet customer’s needs.
· 90% required, sometimes for extended periods of time.
· Submit time, expenses, and service reporting documentation in keeping with departmental policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Requires standing and walking.
· Requires ability to talk and ability to hear.
· Requires adequate finger dexterity for tool use and the use of hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Reading, writing, mathematics and measuring abilities.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· When working with the machines, employee must be able to bend, twist, kneel, climb ladder.
· Work primarily done on in an assembly or manufacturing facility, either at Schenck Rotec or customer site, which could involve exposure to hazards such as electrical equipment, cranes, forklifts, high voltage, chemicals, biohazards and manufacturing equipment.
· Facility temperatures may not always be controlled or could vary from hot to cold, depending on the season.
· Noise level when in shop or manufacturing is generally moderate.
Schenck RoTec Corporation in Southfield, MI USA is a local affiliate of Schenck RoTec GmbH, a global leader in the balancing industry. We provide a complete range of balancing, diagnostic, end of assembly line and fluid filling special equipment for the automotive industry, utilizing professional staff. Our Agramkow North America affiliate provides solutions for small appliance and automotive fluid filling needs.
Schenck RoTec provides a competitive compensation package, excellent health benefits, vacation and holiday programs and are committed to a work-life balance environment. Join the Schenck RoTec team and be a part of an exciting and rewarding future!
Schenck RoTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer