- Internships /
- Continuous Improvement Specialist
Continuous Improvement SpecialistBookmark This
Pieper Electric, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Do you see opportunity where others see only problems? Do improvement projects motivate you? Are you craving an opportunity to make a difference? Are you a natural born leader? If so, Pieper Electric is seeking dynamic individuals such as yourself to build on our culture and skills to take our growing organization to the next level. As a Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will pro-actively plan, create, make decisions and manage waste reduction/elimination programs. Typical responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement waste reduction/elimination plans throughout the company. Create and implement Waste Elimination standards
- Educate and increase the knowledge of the organization on waste elimination methods and standards
- Identify areas of improvement via employee suggestions and projects supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Implement revised processes and compare performance with original benchmark measurements
- With knowledge gained from studies, WENG, and workshops, recommend to the leadership team processes that should be standards across the company. Help facilitate the education and use of those standards.
- Perform data collection studies and report on results.
- Facilitate and educate the company on Waste Elimination Workshops, follow-up on data collection, and communicate results to the company.
- Train, lead, mentor, and be a hands-on teacher with continuous improvement processes
- Actively lead jobsite audits and recommend ideas for improvement.
- Meet with Project Managers, Foremen, and Branch Managers at both bid time and project planning. Brainstorm standards and pre-fab opportunities with goal of an aggressive utilization of both.
- Participate in workshops across company operations, including construction, service and office.
- Must be high-energy, enthusiastic, with a passion to motivate, excite and grow professionally. Must be independent and self-motivated while being humble, maintaining strong integrity and ethics
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of direct involvement in Continuous Improvement activities. Previous Waste Reduction/Elimination experience highly desired.
- Experience with Kaizen, Kanban, and/or LEAN
- Construction experience preferred
- Previous management experience may be helpful
- Strong commitment to safety and the ability to develop a solid safety culture with team members
- Must have strong people skills to build and maintain rapport within and without the company among a wide variety of cultures, personalities, and behaviors
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written needed
- Must be able to persistently encourage team mates to embrace change
- Ability to travel to project sites and other offices as needed.
Pieper Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
Pieper Electric, Inc. is one of the largest privately held electrical contractors in the country. Operating since 1947, we are a full service electrical/mechanical, construction, and service company with divisions based in Wisconsin with affiliates throughout the United States. Pieper is a large contractor divided into small, highly specialized units, offering today's widest range of services in electrical and mechanical, plumbing & HVAC, data/comm., automation & controls, energy management, and underground construction. Our expertise allows us to serve as a powerhouse in the industrial, residential, and commercial settings. Pieper Electric, Inc. is an employee owned company which also does business as Ideal Mechanical, Spring City Electric, and Schultz Electric through a network of locations that service both Wisconsin and Illinois.
Pieper Electric and its parent company PPC Partners have operations in nine states with over 1,300 employees nationally producing $250 million in revenue a year. We are committed to being the leading contractor for quality electrical service and seek competent, ambitious, ethical employees, who are willing to learn and grow for a lifetime using a servant leadership philosophy. Our employees must exhibit mutual respect, a servant's heart, integrity, and high performance. As an Employer of Choice, we seek knowledge-based workers who believe in continuous learning, ethical standards and high morals and values.
Pieper Electric is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, to view our EEO policy statement, please visit: careers.ppcpartnersinc.com.