- Internships /
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are seeking a CONTROLLER to become an integral part of our team! You will oversee financial activities and personnel as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities and personnel
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Pratt Display is a valued division of Pratt Industries. Pratt Display provides supply chain solutions for in-store marketing companies. We are a leader in the Point of Purchase industry working with many of the Top 50 Consumer Products companies in the design, development, and manufacturing of their POP promotions. Pratt Display currently has locations in Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while maintaining accurate and precise project output. This position will work both independently and as part of a team and requires a helpful and cooperative attitude, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Candidates must have:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on managerial accounting experience.
• Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll working knowledge.
Experience in assessing, analyzing and improving business performance.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• SAP experience.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Must be comfortable in a Plant or Corporate environment
• Must be able to work and react well under pressure
• LANGUAGE SKILLS:
o Excellent communication skills.
o Able to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training and procedure manuals.
o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
o Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• REASONING ABILITY:
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
o Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with situations where limited information or standardization exists.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure.
o Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
• TECHNICAL SKILLS:
o The individual must have a working knowledge of the following: Application knowledge and skill for computer data entry
o Software used: SAP, BVP, ADP, M2K, PackManager, Microsoft office suite.
o Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
• Sales commissions
• Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy
• Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
• Development of system controls to ensure data integrity
• Produce accurate and timely financial statements
• Month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
• Assist in special projects as necessary
• Accurate and timely information for financial statement production
• Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
• Performance analysis of operations that drive growth, strategy and profitability initiatives
• Financial plans and forecasts are developed and variances are analyzed against plans
• Processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and expense reports
• General ledger detail review and proper creation of journal entries in a timely manner
• Ensure inventory matches asset accounting
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Pratt Industries is America’s 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 4,500 highly skilled employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than a dozen states. The company operates three of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by “harvesting the urban forest."
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Declaration: The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled) Employer,
it is the Company's policy to hire and promote the most qualified applicants and
to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.
Declaration: The Company is a federal contractor which complies fully with Executive Order 11246,
as amended, and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Parts 60-1 through 60-60; 29 U.S.C.
Section 793 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-741;
[38 U.S.C. Section 4212 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-250 and/or 60-300;
and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A.]