- Internships /
- Credit Manager
Credit ManagerBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
This position will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer and Head Of Credit and is a key member of the TriLinc Global, LLC investment team. The Credit Manager will work closely with the Head Of Credit on all facets of position and manager selection, due diligence, monitoring, and bottom up portfolio management. The Credit Manager will at a senior level be expected to support the Head Of Credit with team and project management responsibilities and also provide oversight and input to more junior members of the team. As needed, the Credit Manager is expected to effectively serve as a surrogate to the Head Of Credit in his absence.
Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
Participate in overall strategy discussions for TriLinc Global.
Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
Perform and oversee the credit and collateral level analysis of investments made to portfolio companies within both the trade finance and term loan lending strategies.
Exercise strong working knowledge of key performance and credit metrics across different loan structures to facilitate the investment and position monitoring process.
Review and identify key loan structuring requirements, documentation, appropriate covenants, and rights and remedies associated with both term loan and trade finance lending structures.
Be able to effectively manage and execute on both performing and non-performing positions.
Maintain compliance and strong working knowledge of TriLinc’s Investment Guidelines and Restrictions.
On a daily basis engage with on the ground partners in various developing markets in and around pipeline and position level performance.
Take a leading role in the due diligence and identification of new potential Sub-Advisors.
On a proactive basis monitor both macro and credit specific events that could impact position and portfolio performance.
Maintain and support key metrics and data that are entered and reported within TriLinc’s reporting platform and performance models.
Coordinate and prepare periodic reports for review by the IC, including:
Quarterly Update Memoranda
Assist in the aggregation and development of relevant data-points and analysis that support the portfolio valuation process.
Present findings and observations to members of the Investment Committee.
Assist the Head Of Credit as needed.
Assist in the construction and utilization of financial cash flow models for TriLinc’s funds to provide critical scenario analysis to the CIO and Executive Management Team.
Serve as a voting member of the TriLinc Investment Committee (IC).
Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of all investment department policies, procedures and processes.
Assist in performing all tasks as necessary to ensure that TriLinc’s funds meet their return objectives and stay in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Assist the CIO as needed.
Other Investment Department Responsibilities
Work closely with Credit Officers and Credit Analysts on the team to ensure the timely execution of due diligence and investment timelines.
Oversee and ensure compliant investment department files, including materials associated with sub-advisor due diligence.
Attend local development finance events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 6 years of applicable investing experience, with a strong preference for private credit or commercial lending experience.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge in and around loan structuring, documentation and monitoring.
- Strong preference for turnaround or workout management experience.
- Proven track record of managing multiple loan positions and relationships through various performance cycles.
- Previous emerging market lending experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year institution.
- Professional designations in progress a plus, such as: CFA, CAIA, CBA/CBF/CCE, CRC
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High attention to detail with strong strategic decision making ability
- Strong project and work flow management skills.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Experience utilizing portfolio management and accounting software.
- Preference for prior experience with managed investment products.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Flexible schedule to allow for availability to other investment department members as needed.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.