- Internships /
- Customer Service/Billing Representative
Customer Service/Billing RepresentativeBookmark This
Young's Medical Equipment
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Responsible for receiving all telephone and in-person communication from referral sources and customers, to include but not limited to: order-taking, obtaining accurate billing information, over-the-counter sales, inventory control of the office supply levels, ordering equipment, telemarketing, and establishing and maintaining files with complete customer information.
1. Develop and maintain working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the company and all applicable insurance guidelines respecting eligibility for coverage and reimbursement.
2. Quality control all documents for proper billing information and appropriate computer input.
3. Generate and process scheduled billing.
4. Maintain and review all required documentation for insurance coverage and reimbursement per insurance guidelines and company policy.
5. Contact payers for payment.
6. Maintain ongoing relationship with customer service representatives to provide recommendations for proper procedures and coverage guidelines.
7. Maintain appropriate records.
8. Process all insurance requirements within timeframe mandated by insurance and company policy.
9. Assist with implementation of quality improvement program as it relates to accounts receivable and customer satisfaction.
10. Provide back up to customer service when needed.
11. Maintain confidentiality of all client information.
12. Participate in educational programs as required.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of all major insurance carrier reimbursement guidelines and eligibility for coverage by third party payers.
Familiarity with all lines of HME equipment and supplies to meet customer needs.
Language: (Intermediate) Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math: (Basic) Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning: (Intermediate) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of word processing (Microsoft office), inventory, order processing, and Internet software.
Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum 1-2 years of general office work experience required. Experience in insurance or doctor’s office preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standard office environment with fluorescent lighting and temperature control.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and lift/move (up to 50 lbs).Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.