- Internships /
- Day Habilitation Specialist
Day Habilitation SpecialistBookmark This
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Position Summary: Implement the daily program schedule and activities under supervisor’s direction. Provide direct support to individuals that fosters independence, community growth, social maturity and
- Maintain the consumers’ confidentiality in all correspondence, verbal and written.
- Assist the site supervisor and participants in researching and obtaining community resources appropriate and applicable to their needs and goals. *
- Work schedules and locations are subject to change, based on program need.
- This does not limit the assignment of duties or exclude the performance of the other duties, not mentioned, as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Job Functions: *
- Drives and/or assists consumers on community outings, including to and from program and as needed. Reports all necessary repairs to the site supervisor immediately. Drives in a safe manner and ensures that consumers are secured in the vehicle appropriately.
- Teaches, trains, guides and directs consumers to learn and perform tasks related to independent daily living, recreation, interpersonal and vocational development in keeping with their Habilitation Plan. Implement objectives and activities under the direction of the Site Supervisor, including community based projects.
- Regularly observes consumer behavior and performance, providing updates and general observations to supervisor, provides direct care support to consumers as needed or appropriate. Documents progress of Habilitation Services.
- Reports to supervisor any changes in the consumer’s behavior or health.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording an individual’s progress on daily documentation, such as, checklists, behavior contracts, goal forms and progress notes, family contact log, recreation/community integration reports, clothing and personal effects inventory.
- Communicate relevant information to other staff and supervisor (s) verbally and in writing.
- Assist with all daily activities and events, including modeling appropriate social responses for each resident.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and mandatory in-service training sessions. In order to attend staff meetings, and trainings, staff must be able to participate in these programs at various sites and at varying times.
- Assists with consumer personal needs including toileting, changing clothes, assisting with feeding and all related ADL skills.
- Assist consumers with physical care including toileting, showering, tooth brushing, grooming, dressing and good hygiene. Physical lifting will be required in some cases including such duties as transferring Consumers to and from wheelchairs to toilets, beds, vans, showering, and emergency evacuations.
Essential skills, experience, licensure, certification:
· A High School degree or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years with similar population is required
· A valid Driver License is required
· The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
CMCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of Sanctuary through utilizing the SELF framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating Sanctuary training and trauma-informed clinical treatment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fax resumes to HR Department at 914-741-0687.