- Internships /
- DDC / BAS Controls Technician (New Construction)
DDC / BAS Controls Technician (New Construction)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
This is a full-time field based position. Using company provided tools, a laptop computer, and software, the candidate will be expected to service and maintain the Direct Digital Controls (DDC) Controllers and Building Automation Systems (BAS) at our contract customers’ commercial building sites per company procedures and contractual requirements. Our company provides several benefits: Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
Positions are available in our Beltsville, MD and Manassas, VA offices.
- Onsite Controls startup, point to point checkout, troubleshooting end devices and DDC network bus, completing controller Checkout Sheets, and loading controller programs to test for system operational functionality.
- Providing Project Manager with job status updates as directed, along with assisting with onsite coordination of the other trades/customers as directed.
- Participating in the onsite formal controls commissioning process and providing documentation as the process dictates, including field as-built drawings.
- Assisting with service work as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience with start-up, point to point checkout, and commissioning of commercial building Direct Digital Control (DDC) Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Minimum education: High school diploma. Vocational High School or technical Associate’s Degree preferable or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with & troubleshooting the following controls systems is a plus: Reliable Controls, Schneider Electric I/A Series Controls (BACnet, LON, NW8000 & Struxureware) Tridium Niagara Framework (Ax & R2 and ENC & UNC).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating DDC systems.
- Solid knowledge and practical experience with troubleshooting and editing DDC programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the controls concepts for the mechanical HVAC equipment in commercial buildings.
- Practical experience interfacing & integrating DDC systems with electrical & mechanical equipment systems in commercial buildings.
- Strong knowledge of commercial buildings’ mechanical and electrical systems.
- Capable of reading & interpreting mechanical & electrical blueprints.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience using a Digital Multi-meter and related controls calibration and testing tools as they pertain to DDC systems and their end devices.
- Must have good computer user experience (Word, Excel, etc).
- Must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs and use tools while on a ladder.
- Self-motivated, can work independently or as a team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.