- Internships /
- DDC / BAS Controls Technician (Service)
DDC / BAS Controls Technician (Service)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
This is a full-time field based position. Using company provided tools, a laptop computer, and software, the candidate will be expected to service and maintain the Direct Digital Controls (DDC) Controllers and Building Automation Systems (BAS) at our contract customers’ commercial building sites per company procedures and contractual requirements. Our company offers several benefits: Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
Openings are available in our Beltsville, MD and Manassas, VA offices.
- Interfacing with commercial building customers and contractors in a professional manner.
- Performing periodic maintenance on service customers’ controls systems (BAS front end, DDC controllers, end devices, etc).
- Responding to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, on-call, and on-line remotely).
- Troubleshooting and repairing control systems and end devices.
- Backing up controller programs and BAS computers/servers.
- Using service maintenance software program to document services provided to customers and to receive repair and maintenance assignments.
- Communicating with the service coordinator for daily assignments.
- Checking out and commissioning of controls systems on renovation work as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience servicing Commercial BAS automatic temperature control.
- Minimum education: High school diploma. Vocational High School or technical Associate’s Degree preferable or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with & troubleshooting the following controls systems is a plus: Reliable Controls, Schneider Electric I/A Series Controls (BACnet, LON, NW8000 & Struxureware), Tridium Niagara Framework (Ax & R2 and ENC & UNC).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience troubleshooting Direct Digital Controls (DDC). systems and their electrical interfaces with commercial mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with commercial building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Strong understanding and practical experience using a Digital Multi-Meter (DMM) and controls calibration and testing tools.
- Hands on experience with the operating and editing of BAS front end graphics (GUI) systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of controls concepts/applications and troubleshooting/editing DDC controls programs.
- Computer user experience (Word, Excel, Graphics software, etc), including performing computer backups and software updates.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and work from ladders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.