- Internships /
- Delivery Truck Driver
Delivery Truck DriverBookmark This
Grange Debris Box
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Truck Driver HELP Wanted Diesel Truck / Local Marin County Delivery IMMEDIATE OPENING!
Imagine driving a 2 or 3 axel trucks around beautiful Marin County all day and being paid for it by joining a well established 55 year old Marin County company as a roll off truck driver. A Class A or B license is required.
The job consists of delivering, exchanging, and picking up roll-off boxes with a heavy duty 2 axel class 7, or a 3 axel class 8 diesel truck with air brakes, tarping and tying down the loads, and hauling the contents to various local recycling facilities.
A preferred candidate will be a stable well established Marin County Resident. Diesel truck driving and mechanical ability and tools are a plus, but not a requirement. Routes often require Drivers to navigate through communities and tight areas in city and suburban locations. Backing skills are essential. Our drivers routinely climb in and out of the truck cab to climb on to the containers to smooth loads or secure tarps for transport. Drivers must have safe driving records and be able to communicate professionally with customers and dispatch at all times, and comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and Company policies.
Work hours may be up to full time and may require occasional weekend work. Drivers must be able to complete daily driver logs as well as pre and post trip truck inspections. Extra work maintaining other trucks, containers, and other equipment could also be available.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age or older. We prefer a Marin County Resident.
2. Clean driving record and no major violations or multiple speeding violations, negligent or reckless driving, DUI, or driving on a suspended or revoked license
3. Legally eligible to work in the United States.
4. Provide resume listing ALL past employment and education.
5. High school diploma or GED degree. Advanced education is a plus.
6. Present a CDL with a 2nd form of ID (birth certificate, social security card, passport etc).
7. Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
8. Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
9. Must have or get a valid California Class A or B drivers license with airbrakes endorsement.
10. At least 1 year of previous truck driving experience operating a similar vehicle requiring a Class B or Class A CDL
11. Ability to perform all of the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
12. Cleans and maintains truck in top condition.
13. Operate the truck and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
14. Maintain Vehicle Log and Driver Pay sheets.
16. Pass alcohol and drug testing.
17. Mechanical ability and tools are a real plus, but not required.
18. Computers, Welding and painting ability another plus.
Representative Responsibilities - Driver - Roll Off:
1. Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
2. Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and recycling facility(s).
3. Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and recycling facility(s).
4. Operates loading and discharge cylinder mechanisms.
5. Operates hydraulic controls to deposit collected material at the recycling facility.
6. Tarps containers and secures container to rails while wearing required protective equipment.
7. Courteously interactions with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
8. Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
9. Reads route sheets. Services each customer as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
10. Completes route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
11. Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
12. Operates in a manner that is aimed at creating capacity and ensuring productivity by meeting company specified productivity goals while ensuring safe operations at all times.
13. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
14. Provide and operate GPS, iPhone or other similar smart phone.
15. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *All candidates are subject to Human Performance Exam, Physical, background checks and drug testing. EOE/AAP/MF. Interested candidates should first submit resumes and salary requirements.