- Internships /
- Direct Support Professional
Direct Support ProfessionalBookmark This
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services strives to protect, empower and promote independence for at risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Services is recruiting for Direct Support Professionals, Assistant Residence Managers/Residence Managers to provide direct care and assistance to individuals with a developmental disability fostering independence, community growth, social maturity and inclusion. CMCS has Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem positions at our homes located in lower Westchester and the Bronx
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist individuals in all household tasks as written in each person's residential habilitation plan. Perform all household tasks in their entirety as assigned.
2. Assist individuals with physical care including toileting, showering, tooth brushing, grooming, dressing and good hygiene. Physical lifting will be required in some cases i.e transferring individuals to and from wheelchairs to toilets, beds, vans, showering, and emergency evacuations.
3. Prepare meals and perform all mealtime activities with the assistance of people living in the house, encouraging family style dining at mealtime.
4. Perform approved SCIP interventions as needed and follow all behavioral programs as written.
5. Responsible for monitoring and recording resident's progress on daily documentation, i.e checklists, behavior contracts, etc. Communicate relevant information to other staff and supervisor (s) verbally and in writing.
6. Assist residents in planning and participating in evening and weekend recreational activities. Participation in moderate physical activities as part of recreation program is required.
7. Assist with all daily activities and events, including modeling appropriate social responses for each resident while providing positive social environment.
Essential skills, experience, licensure, certification:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Valid New York State Driver's License required and acceptable driving record as issued by Department of Motor Vehicles
· Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, and teamwork
· Must maintain required certifications, i.e AMAP, CPR, First Aid, SCIP
CMCS offers benefits to FT employees including paid vacation, life insurance, low cost healthcare, etc.
CMCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of Sanctuary through utilizing the SELF framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating Sanctuary training and trauma-informed clinical treatment.
If you are interested in attending the above posted employment fair:
Please visit www.cmcs.org in the career link at the bottom of the page to apply or fax resumes to 914-741-0687
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVERS LICENSE!!