- Internships /
- Director, Business Development
Director, Business DevelopmentBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Director, Business Development will lead the company’s Business Strategy including Joint Venture, Mergers and Acquisitions initiatives on a global basis; and lead negotiations to achieve those initiatives. Direct new Business Development projects internally, as well as coordinate with Vice President, Corporate Strategy to develop international synergy projects between Companies.
- Lead new business development projects;
- Identify potential joint venture partners, and acquisition targets;
- Lead all mergers and acquisitions and joint venture negotiations, globally;
- Execute strategic product acquisitions;
- Direct due diligence process for all mergers and acquisitions and joint venture deals; coordinating Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate and the area participation;
- Conduct research and analysis, as appropriate;
- Lead all contract manufacturing deals. Deploy the contract manufacturing strategy and business plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Must have a solid understanding of global pharmaceutical markets. Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams to achieve project timelines and success.
- Outstanding skills in competitive analysis and opportunity identification. Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage numerous aspects of projects including business “fit” analysis, financial analysis, potential regulatory (FDA, etc.) impact, contracts, negotiations, intellectual property and other issues.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, and at least five years of new business development experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.