- Internships /
- Electrical Technician- EXCELLENT Opportunity--APPLY TODAY
Electrical Technician- EXCELLENT Opportunity--APPLY TODAYBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position will be a part of the Maintenance department of the SONOCO Products Flexible Packaging Operations in Franklin Ohio. The position is a challenging opportunity to safety-minded individuals interested in joining a winning team, and an awesome organization.
Complete all electronic repairs. Analyze and implement electromechanical preventative maintenance needs on all plant machinery. Perform all scheduled and required maintenance on converting equipment, and plant. Complete all issued work orders both general and safety in a timely manner. Prioritize all scheduled projects and work orders. Improve overall equipment effectiveness. Communicate progress to Maintenance Coordinator.
Essential Job functions include but are not limited to:
1. Follow the guidelines and scheduled inspections as outlined in the Division Plant Inspection list. (i.e. inspect, test all plant emergency lighting, equipment grounding, bonding and static electricity checks). Perform routine overall inspection of equipment, i.e. insure all guards are in place and interlocks functional. Check all equipment emergency stops weekly.
2. Troubleshoot and repair all equipment and plant computer systems including PLC, AC & DC motor drive systems, all motors and controls, power distribution systems. Include HVAC and other related electromechanical machinery and systems. Responsible for coordinating repairs to all plant telecommunication equipment and LAN’s and WAN’s
3. Follow proper OSHA, NFPA, and NEC standards, including the practice of Energy Isolation. Safely handle and use all necessary tools and equipment. Comply with all plant safety rules.
4. Order machine components, and maintain inventory on frequently used items. Work with suppliers to obtain quality parts at a reasonable cost for capital projects small or large installations.
5. Responsible for sending out all defective parts from equipment that cannot be repaired in house to the associated vendor and follow up.
6. Responsible for plant upgrades and improvements to equipment. Also responsible for new electrical installations or replacement of new equipment which includes power distribution.
7. Maintain records, logs, daily reports, and files as required. Comply with federal, state, Insurance, local laws and regulations in completing / reporting any maintenance activity. Includes RSVP (Return Shut Valves Promptly) program with company Insurance Company.
8. React to emergency maintenance related problems. This especially includes converting equipment fires. Generate a detailed report of exactly what happened, the times and recommendation as to what we can do to prevent re-occurrence.
9. Maintain company health, housekeeping and safety standards. Work rotating and nontraditional work schedules when needed. Responsible for all related call in duties and responding quickly.
10. It is certainly the expectation to be Pro- Active, offer suggestions to improve the maintenance and reliability of our equipment, and support our division Maintenance Excellence initiatives.
Assist plant mechanic or millwright as needed! Perform other duties as directed!
· Ability to read, interpret, and follow schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints and system designs.
· Ability to operate and accurately interpret Electro-mechanical tests equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, multimeter, pyrometer, current (AMP) probe, chart recorders, manometers).
· Ability to repair AC/DC motors drives to the board level.
· Ability to monitor and program PLC's.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
· Ability to operate lifting equipment.
· Ability to maintain logs and records in a timely manner.
· Demonstrate willingness to be a team player.
· Demonstrate abilities to be pro-active.
High School Diploma. Should possess a two-year Electro-mechanical degree (A.A.S.) with five or more year’s practical experience within their related field. Position requires excellent communication skills for working within a team-based organization. Position demands strong experience with programming and troubleshooting of PLC's, AC/DC motors and controls, PC's, and digital electronics. Experience in the flexible packaging and converting industry preferred but not mandatory.