- Internships /
- Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Environmental Health and Safety EngineerBookmark This
Custom Processing Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer, you will utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to a number of engineering applications. You will supervise maintenance personnel and contractors and direct the acquisition, modification, improvement, and installation of high-tech equipment in several manufacturing facilities to maximize equipment and facility productivity at minimum cost.
The EHS Engineer will also oversee safety programs and policies and ensure environmental compliance. Having experience in mechanics, chemistry, production processes, and human behavior is preferred.
Day to day tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Generating permit requests as well as leading the overall environmental compliance efforts for Custom Processing Services.
- Evaluating hazardous material handling procedures to ensure they comply with environmental and safety requirements.
- Inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to find and correct potential hazards, and to make sure everything complies with environmental regulations.
- Install (or oversee the installation of) safety devices on machinery.
- Interview employers and employees to get information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupation-related diseases to understand the causes and try to prevent them.
- Keep up to date about current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Recommend safety features to reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards and to support the organization's environmental goals.
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Review environmental and employee safety programs to determine whether they are adequate.
- Review plans for construction of new machinery or equipment to make sure all safety requirements have been met.
- Preferred candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science Engineering or a related field.
- 5 + years engineering experience.
- Additional environmental, health and safety certifications preferred.
- Must be open to relocation to our plant locations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or able to work in the U.S. for reasons other than practical training.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and work visas as required.
- Successful engineers will be innovative, have good technical and mechanical knowledge, and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The company is located in Reading, PA, with an additional manufacturing facility in East Greenville, PA. Custom Processing Services has been named a Top Growth Companies in Berks County by the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and received the Build a Better Berks Award in 2008. Custom Processing Services also received an Entrepreneurial Achievement Award from the Ben Franklin Technology Partners in 2006.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local antidiscrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.