- Internships /
- Executive Chef
Executive ChefBookmark This
ABM Healthcare Support Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Responsible for the management of the food preparation for patient/resident, retail and catering service(s).
Provide leadership for the planning, training, review and evaluation of all food production activities of the Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Department, consistent with ABM Healthcare Support Services standard operating procedures.
· Gives direction to and works cooperatively with the Retail Services team, ABM Healthcare Support Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Management Team and Regional Directors of Operations.
· Actualizes the ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision and Value statements.
· Maintains professional behavior consistent with role, as well as, maintains composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
· Knows who all their customers are and initiates and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Respond to all requests from the customer with a can-do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
· Initiates and maintains positive relationships with peers and associates in an effort to build a strong team.
· Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
· Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
· Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
· Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
· Demonstrates understanding of HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient/resident information.
· Can assume department responsibility in the absence of the director.
· Leads and/or actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
· Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached by providing feedback, suggesting ways for them to improve skills, or build relations with peers, facility staff, patients/residents and customers.
· Promotes and drives departmental TQM/Customer Service initiatives; makes rounds in all food operations, including dining room, coffee shop and on patient/resident units to meet with customers and patients/residents to exhibit care, and to assess if their meal expectations are being met.
· Proactively reports pertinent feedback to Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director in a timely manner.
· Ensures that all ABM Healthcare Support production systems are in place; implements and maintains department policies and procedures to ensure programs meet goals within a clean and safe environment for patient/resident, retail, and catering services.
· Directs staff on the proper use of all supplies/equipment within the kitchen; notifies maintenance of any equipment in need of repair and/or works with outside contractor; take corrective action, as needed, until equipment operable.
· Conducts regular department meetings.
· Responsible for ordering of food, supplies, and equipment, as needed, staying within the budget. Ensures stock is rotated and all storage areas are kept clean and organized.
· Monitors production, sanitation, and safety; identifies problems and directs staff to take corrective action to resolve and prevent future occurrences.
· Develops and implements cleaning schedules, completes sanitation inspections, and develops reports for Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director.
· Ensures temperature records are maintained per policy and procedure for food, coolers/freezers, dish machine and pot and pan sanitizing solution log.
· Develops the production staff schedules within a budgeted master schedule. Monitors staffing daily, ensuring all positions are filled; moves staff/adjusts schedules as needed to maintain service.
· Demonstrates ability to complete all cook/prep positions job tasks and work in absence of staff to maintain services, if needed.
· Assists with hiring and training new associates – interviews candidates for production positions, ensures new associates are instructed on how to prepare food using recipes and production records, and how to safely operate and clean equipment; complete evaluations per procedures as noted in employee personnel manual.
· Maintains production staff employee files, time and attendance records, as well as, the corrective action process; aware of and enforces all Human Resource procedures as noted in the employee personnel manual.
· Develops production records to control and monitor food usage; assigns daily work assignments to meet food production needs of department and facility.
· Ensures food preparation is completed according to menu and diet specifications that are consistent with diet restrictions. Ensures that standardized recipes and safe food handling practices are followed.
· Takes proactive measures to have production staff minimizes waste.
· Visually inspects and tastes all food products; assists in preparation of foods, as needed, and ensures quality food for all areas.
· Ensures meal service is provided at designated times in all service areas.
· Monitors tray assembly to ensure proper food handling, and that food safety measures remain in place throughout service, and that food temperatures, portioning and placement of items on plates/trays with garnish are appropriate.
· Ensures all opened/leftover food is stored properly (covered, labeled, and dated).
· Develops and prepares menus for special events and celebrations; able to develop recipes and/or prepare foods without recipes for special functions.
· Assists with production for all catered functions. Demonstrates ability to do display cooking and proactively trains others to do so.
· Participates and assists in budgeting for the cost of food, supplies, and capital equipment.
· Ensures production area department and annual facility training programs are completed within given time frames; conducts in-service training with production team as assigned or as needed.
· Participates in annual performance evaluation process for all production staff ensuring reviews are completed per facility guidelines and time frames.
· Takes responsibility for self-development; supports a learning environment.
· Attends outside educational seminars pertinent to food production, food service operations and regulatory issues.
· Reports to work on time in proper attire; requests time off in advance; follows ABM Healthcare Support Services vacation and attendance policies and procedures guidelines.
· Demonstrates understanding of Age-Specific Characteristics for population served through age appropriate communications and care.
· Participates in facility’s community service events or does volunteer work in community.
· Completes other duties as assigned by Food and Nutrition/Dining Services Director.
· Able to respond to emergencies at both nighttime and on weekends, as required.
· Able to handle the varying workloads and able to meet the changing deadlines, as necessary.
· Able to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
· Able to handle and resolve problems.
· Remains current concerning sanitation guidelines.
· Practices up-to-date cooking techniques and implements them in the department.
· Frequent exposure to disagreeable conditions; walk-in refrigerator and freezer.
· May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and facility-related functions.
· Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated within a healthcare environment.
ABM Healthcare Support Services joins together three healthcare services leaders HHA Services, Healthcare Parking Systems of America (HPSA) and ABM Health to provide each of the services needed to support healthcare entire ecosystem from hospitals to ambulatory surgical centers and medical office buildings. Services provided include clinical engineering & healthcare technologies, environmental services, facility management, food service, hospitality, parking, patient observation & transportation, and security.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (MINORITY/FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)