- Internships /
- Experienced Bookkeeper
Experienced BookkeeperBookmark This
Therapeutic Living for Families Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Are you looking to work in an environment where every day you are making a difference in the lives of others? Therapeutic Living for Families is an Outpatient Clinic that provides comprehensive health services for people with mental illness and addictions to improve their mental, physical and psychological well-being while strengthening, preserving and supporting their recovery within their communities; Because We Care! What sets us apart from other agencies is we address the family as a whole, not just the individual family members. By working towards the goal of building strong families, we are improving our communities, our cities and our state - one family at a time.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Bookkeeper that is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. This person must also have experience performing routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. Must have experience in the behavioral health field. This position is part-time and works Monday through Friday for 4 to 5 hours and reports directly to the CEO.
· Financial Management
· Ethical Conduct.
· Performance Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
· Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
· Classifies records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
· Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
· Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
· Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
· Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
· Codes documents according to company procedures.
· Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting role.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Proficient with QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
• Proven experience working in an environment which requires the ability to respond to changing priorities while being able to set goals, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
• Strong commitment to helping others as evidenced by being responsive.
• Must present a professional demeanor using tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to thrive in a complex environment.
• Must have a forward-thinking approach and be accountable for their performance.
• Demonstrated ability to handle information involving sensitivity, confidentiality and legal exposure.
CPA Certification helpful.
We provide behavioral health and substance abuse services to include Intensive outpatient, Partial Hospitalization Program, Anger management Groups, Medication Management, Psychiatrist Evaluations,Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program , Therapeutic Behavior Services and Behavioral Health Homes.
To provide comprehensive health services for people with mental illness and addictions to improve their mental, physical and psychological health while, strengthening, preserving and supporting their recovery within their communities.
Because We Care
As a company and as individuals we value integrity, honesty, commitment, dependability and trust.
We are committed to providing quality on time service to our clients' treatment and care with information based on their treatment plan.
We treat our clients with respect, dignity, and unconditional positive regards as well as choices, preferences and satisfaction of reaching their goals toward recovery.
We hold ourselves accountable to our clients, partners and employees by honoring our commitments.
We also strive to protect the health, safety and well-being of every team member while finding common ground between the agency and our clients.
We aim to achieve our mission, vision and our values with the highest quality of care.