- Internships /
- Family Practitioner
Family PractitionerBookmark This
Elaine Ellis Center of Health
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
· Obtain accurate and appropriate health history and perform physical examinations.
· Adhere to approved practice standards and protocols from the Maryland Board of Medicine.
· Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
· Monitor patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as needed.
· Prescribe or administer therapy, medication and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury in accordance with professional practice guidelines.
· Analyze reports, examination findings and test results to diagnose medical conditions and follow –up appropriately and timely.
· Record and maintain patient information accurately and timely.
· Provide education to patients and community members in the specialized field of internal medicine.
· Refer patients to other providers and specialists as appropriate.
· Consult with and provide consulting services to other providers.
· Participate in provider meetings and other Center meetings as needed.
· Adhere to the Uniform Data System (UDS) productivity standards.
· Participate in outreach and offsite programs as assigned by the CMO.
· Attend and participate in teaching and general staff conferences.
· Continually update education, therapeutic techniques and methodology; apply new knowledge to your position.
EECH is recognized as a Primary Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.