- Internships /
- Field Engineer Software Specialist
Field Engineer Software SpecialistBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
PM Telco, a Robbins Gioia subsidiary, is currently seeking a Field Engineer Software Specialist. The qualified candidate will:
- Be skilled (current and experienced) with Avaya CM; Aura 6.0 and all current solution Platforms
- Have a thorough understanding of the various telecommunications private network systems provided by Avaya
- Be able to analyze customer’s communications needs & develop solutions to improve overall communication
- Be able to convert those needs to resolution via the software capabilities of the overall solution design by the account team
- Be able to provide clear concise software plans to the project team, including the customer, to allow for implementation
- Be able to explain options to the customer
- Be able to effectively communicate & work with the project team to implement the solution
- Be responsible for designing & implementing test routines to insure function of the software features prior to system release
- Work at the direction of the Project Manager to meet & follow up with the end user client
- Be a “resource” for installed equipment shall support regular On-the-Job Training (OJT of personnel, development of training plans, development and maintenance of a continuity book, configuration management of (voice) network, backup of (voice) network configurations, Software tasks that support installation, configuration, an implementation/cutover of equipment (new switches and related equipment into the network), maintain (voice) network topology drawings, develop/implement (voice) network changes and/or upgrades to equipment required to support ongoing operations in order for personnel to be able to fully support the telephone switch upgrade/expansion
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
Core Job Requirements:
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 2 years software experience supporting Avaya, NORTEL product line
- Must be familiar with implementing Avaya CM, Aura, messaging, SIP, etc systems
- Knowledge of the Avaya, NORTEL product lines
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Familiarity with Cisco data networking
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Telecommunications professionals, offers clients expertise across North America in Project and Program Management, Site Management, Software Deployment, Client Relationship Management, Avaya and other major telecommunications manufacturers' Products and Services, and telecommunications Portfolio Management.
We work closely with many Direct Sales organizations, building mutually beneficial relationships and increasing the value they bring to their clients. PM Telco becomes an extension of your team, providing professional support on a variable cost basis.