- Internships /
- Field Operations Supervisor (Event Company)
Field Operations Supervisor (Event Company)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
This position is an integral part of our management team and the sustainable operational growth of the company. The position will act as the key field operations management of all installations and strikes, the team leader for the field operations drivers and the field operations crew.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Constantly seeks ways to improve efficiency, quality and cost control where applicable.
· May participate in a twice weekly operations meeting.
· Assist with providing consistent and accurate labor forecasting to the labor coordinator in advance of all events.
· Conducts pre-event site visits to ensure accurate event installations and strikes.
· Key company representative during assigned installations and strikes.
· Accurately sets event installations to contract specifications and floorplans.
· Assures all event installations are set within 30 minutes of event time or earlier based on client requirements.
· Upholds the highest standards of quality control during installations and strikes.
· Organizes and completes all paperwork for assigned field operations production books.
· Works daily with shipping and receiving manager to ensure accurate trucking operations.
· Assist with maintaining field operations consumable inventories (storage facility),
· Assist in maintaining proper field operations equipment (tools, supplies, par-inventories).
· Coordinates external labor and logistical effort when needed.
· Essential lead manager for assigned travel shows.
· Check-in and out with client/venue at all times; provide business cards and phone contact.
· Provides assigned lead crew with phone contact information.
· Responsible for on-site gear kits, safety tools, first aid and OSHA compliance.
· Responsible for the training of guest service and field etiquette compliance.
· Responsible for the training and quality consistency of field operations crew (installation and strike).
· May evaluate labor needs and assist with cost estimates for sales team when applicable.
· Maintains a company credit card and complies with all reconciliation procedures.
· Ensures appropriate team discipline is compliant, fair and enforced.
· Able to read, complete and provide feedback on department related financial reports.
· Provides feedback and trains field operations team.
· Knowledgeable of current State and Federal labor law compliance as relates.
· Protects owner assets at all times.
· Maintains highest standard of customer service skills and exemplary compliance.
· Exemplifies clear organizational skills and solution driven management (sets example).
· Other duties as assigned (subject to change by ownership).
· Responsible for the training and quality consistency of field operations crew.
· This position does require overtime and some weekend hours.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform crucial functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear.
· The employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
· The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
· The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years in event related field operations.
· Must be able to supervise staff.
· Must be able to coach and train staff on a regular basis.
· Ability to understand basic accounting and standard business operations practices.
· Ability to provide written reports and feedback to ownership.
· Must be organized, detail oriented and team driven.
· Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
· Ability to read and write in English.
· Computer skills to include email and MicroSoft Office software.
· Able to comprehend and manage effective labor cost control.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We are looking for people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details.