- Internships /
- Field Service Engineer Level 1 - Power
Field Service Engineer Level 1 - PowerBookmark This
Customer Service Associates, LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Expectation for all Associates:Supports the company's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following traits: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Servant Spirit. These TRAITS provide a reference for CSA Associates to continually return to as a guide for decision making and a unifying standard for setting priorities and taking action.
Position Summary:Responsible for ongoing maintenance and repair of contracted and non-contracted three phase high-voltage UPS power and power distribution equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and repairs contracted and non-contracted three phase high-voltage UPS power and power distribution equipment on an on-going basis.
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance needs.
- Provides preventive and emergency maintenance on a 24/7 on-call basis with regional responsibility.
- Establish and maintain close communication with assigned customers to ensure maximum operational visibility.
- Initiate frequent contact with customer to determine the degree of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Be responsible for following quality practices specified by company and product vendor.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of information regarding service repairs and customer account information.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times with regard to dress and personal appearance as well as tools and equipment.
- Control and maintain all assets needed to perform tasks such as tools and parts.
- Use tools, test equipment, and company assets per company policies and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Responsible for the timely maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation with company and vendor partner's personnel.
- Maintain a safe work environment and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintains field inventory, parts usage, and timely return of defective and/or unused material.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and working vehicle capable of carrying required tools, parts, and equipment to perform job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 - 2 years of field experience electrical or mechanical equipment maintenance, and/or Associates degree in electronics repair or a related field, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Overnight travel required, road warrior.
- Field experience in UPS, battery technologies or electronics preferred.
- Available to travel for support of other territories.
- Ability to lift, carry, drag, push, and pull up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to stand, kneel, bend, squat, sit, and reach for long periods of time that may exceed 4 hours.
- Ability to continually learn new product service techniques.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Factory training in the repair and maintenance in one, or several leading UPS brands is highly desired along with field engineering or related military experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical - Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, electric and electronic schematics, and policies and procedures
- Technical competency - Demonstrates an understanding of single phase and three phase circuit theory and AC/DC circuit theory
- Technical skills - Proficient in the use of test equipment
- Oral/written communication - Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Interpersonal skills – Deals with customers where tact may be required
- Computer skills - PC fluency is highly desired with specific attention to e-mail and Microsoft Office product skills
- Planning/organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety - Actively promotes safety procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an e
Customer Service Associates, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
This Employer participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA