- Internships /
- Field Service Technician
Field Service TechnicianBookmark This
Forklift Systems, Inc
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
WHY JOIN FORKLIFT SYSTEMS?
Simply put -- we invest in our people. Whether it's competitive pay, cutting-edge technology, various benefits options or annual rewards... we show our team members what it means to be valued, and give them the resources to help make their jobs easier.
We work hard. We play hard. We put our customers first and have a good time while doing it. Our customers are some of the biggest, most trusted companies in the world. Family festivities, company celebrations and team-building events are just a few ways we let loose and have fun in between.
Since our inception in 1978, we have committed to developing a company that provides customized material handling solutions and logistic services for our customer(s) and marketplace. We continuously evaluate our business model, product offerings and customer services to make sure we exceed your expectations and provide the solutions that are in our customer's best interest.
Our commitment is to deliver "what we say we will deliver." We hold our Company Associates to the highest ethical and business standards.
Join Forklift Systems and work with the industry champions of the material handling world!
Field Service Technician (Louisville, KY and surrounding areas)
Maintain, diagnose, adjust or repair material handling equipment and systems, including lift trucks and other supply chain products, at a customer's site within a timely and cost-effective manner in order to meet customer expectations.
· Drive to customer site, diagnosing, trouble-shooting and repairing forklift and other assigned equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures while maintaining positive customer relations
· Conduct routine and special inspections as required
· Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment according to schedule, established procedures and cost guidelines at the customer's facilities
· Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
· Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective maintenance
· Account for all parts, materials, tools and consumables used as required
· Drive and work safely in accordance with company and/or customer safety rules and procedures at all times including keeping your work area clean and orderly
· Developing and maintaining positive, effective working relationships with assigned customers and co-workers
· Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude and ability, with knowledge of industrial electricity and exceptional customer service skills required for direct customer interaction.
· Two years of experience in a related field, including lift truck manufacturers, automotive, aviation, military, or recent trade school graduates with applied skills
· Working knowledge of hydraulics preferred
· Valid Driver's License -- clear motor vehicle record
· Must pass a background and drug screening
Benefits we offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Profit Sharing.
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Heavy work, exerting up to 100 pound of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature. Subjected to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, atmospheric conditions and a variety of physical activities such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current or exposure to chemicals.
Our guiding principles:
Customer Centered - We succeed when you succeed
Integrity - We strive to always do what is right
Accountability - We hold ourselves personally responsibility
Respect - We treat our customers and employees with dignity
Excellence - We insist on quality in everything we do