- Internships /
- Front Desk Supervisor (bilingual)
Front Desk Supervisor (bilingual)Bookmark This
Elaine Ellis Center of Health
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
· Oversee and supervise all activities and functions of the Front Desk.
· Provides input on evaluations of staff performing front desk duties.
· Schedule, reschedule and confirm patient appointments.
· Maintain the schedule for all providers and advise them of potential conflicts.
· Retrieve patient charts and information for providers.
· Prepare and maintain daily, weekly and monthly front desk reports.
· Greet patients and visitors, determine the nature of their visit and direct them accordingly.
· Receive incoming telephone calls and respond to callers’ requests.
· Gather required patient data, and review registration forms for completeness.
· Screen patients for available financial assistance programs.
· Contact or review insurance systems to determine benefit coverage and co-pays.
· Receive and respond to requests for information from other providers, insurance companies and/or pharmacies.
· Advise patients of financial obligations (co-payments and/or outstanding balances) and collect payments accordingly.
· Record and post payments received from patients.
· Assemble patient charts, enter data and scan documents into EMR.
· Secure appropriate referrals as requested by providers.
· Actively participate in team training for patient centered care coordination.
· Manage customer inquiries and complaints, referring patient grievances and documenting as appropriate.
· Perform routine clerical tasks, including but not limited to, receiving/sorting mail, keyboard entry, maintaining logs, copying, filing and faxing.
· Assist in maintaining office supplies.
· Represents the Center at professional organization meetings and training related to front desk functions.
EECH is recognized as a Primary Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.