- Internships /
- Graphic Designer
Graphic DesignerBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. A team of strategic thinkers, creative artists and expert craftsmen, we take seriously our role as brand caretakers and culture-makers.
Leveraging our nearly 40-year history partnering with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, and Universal Pictures, among others. Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.
So here's where you come in...
Responsible for all graphic design as it relates to client’s needs in Point of Purchase, advertising, collateral, packaging, marketing materials, logo development and typography.
So here’s what success in this position looks like…
- Create graphic design layouts for entertainment and consumer brand clients from concept to completion as directed by campaign manager or creative director.
- Ability to translate marketing concepts into creative strategies and support the creative team in the production of brand identity programs, promotional programs and marketing collateral
- Reproduce existing key art in multiple formats leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite and other applicable tools as needed
- Apply styleguide assets to new and existing designs
- Collaborate and work closely with Creative Director, Art Director and Campaign Manager to ensure consistent branding and client objectives
- Adheres to client budget and time constraints
- Presents new ideas to members of the team
- Monitors projects through all phases of production
- Develops designs that are on strategy and reflect brand’s personality
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’re prepared to win in this role if you possess…
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Creative, passionate, flexible and a self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to take direction
- Technically strong understanding of design tools and techniques
- Broad knowledge of art and design fundamentals, including graphic design, packaging design, typography, photography, illustration etc.
- Understanding of design needs through print production
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Expert in all necessary design applications includes Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Understanding of Key Note, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required
- 3-5 years of work experience in the graphics design field required
Headquartered in Burbank, CA., the Midnight Oil team comprises 250+ agency professionals and partners with clients such as Disney, Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Microsoft, Warner Bros. Pictures, Activision, EA, Bandai America and Universal Pictures, among others.
Midnight Oil has received numerous accolades from the CLIO Key Art Awards, Game Marketing Awards, OMA Awards, Effie Awards, the Golden Trailer Awards, and more.