- Internships /
- Litigation Paralegal
Litigation ParalegalBookmark This
Platinum Staffing, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Healthcare Litigation Paralegal
Primary duties will include, but are not limited, to the following:
· Collects, analyzes, organizes and maintains factual information and documents in accordance with correct legal practice and procedure.
· Prepares pleadings, drafts interrogatories, and answers interrogatories and responds to requests to produce documents under the supervision of the assigned attorney.
· Manages, records and organizes all discovery and trial data, and prepares and maintains trial notebook.
· Files pleadings, motions, documents with the court as directed by supervising attorney.
· Summarizes testimony and transcripts.
· Assists in locating and preparing witnesses for trial; obtains and organizes trial exhibits; and coordinates witnesses’ appearance at trial.
· Assists in drafting releases and motions.
· Develop a knowledge of laws, regulations, rules and procedures in specific areas of law.
· Maintains and updates database of expert witnesses.
· Develops and maintains a working relationship with clients in order to ensure the expeditious gathering of facts and information necessary to support litigation activities.
· Travel to and from nursing homes interviewing witnesses.
· Travel to and from hearings
· Attend weekly meetings
· Bates Labeling
· Overtime may be required on occasion
· Other duties/tasks as assigned
· A minimum of 3 years experience working as a paralegal.
· Trial experience, especially using TrialDirector software, or a comparable software program is preferred.
· At least two years’ experience working predominantly in litigation, with health care litigation a plus.
· Must have thorough knowledge of state and federal court system and procedures.
· Must possess excellent organizational skills and self-initiation.
· Should possess ability to utilize electronic case management and trail software.
· Need to be available and able to attend out-of-town trials lasting two or more weeks.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· At least three years of experience in above skill areas.
· Paralegal Certificate is required
· High School diploma (or equivalent). Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
· Indoor offices with controlled temperatures with limited exposure to noise, dust, chemicals.
· Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
· May sit for long periods of time.
· Crouching, kneeling standing, walking, pushing pulling and lifting occasionally.
· Operating a personal computer, telephone, voicemail and other office equipment on a regular basis.
· Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
· Must have the ability to convey detailed information in a clear and concise manner through spoken word.
· Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills
ADA:The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Thisjobdescriptionwill be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilitieschangewith business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject tomodification