- Internships /
- Help Desk Technician
Help Desk TechnicianBookmark This
Professional Computer Support
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Help Desk Technician
Professional Computer Support is currently searching for an experienced, driven IT professional to work at our help desk at one of our larger clients. We are a fast-growing Managed Service Provider in San Francisco with over 25 years experience in IT. Our new employee will work as a part of our experienced team, helping clients to resolve problems both remotely and onsite. This requires working closely with our company’s leadership and technical team and being dispatched to clients sites as needed.
The ideal candidate will not only perform his or her Help Desk duties efficiently, effectively and as independently as possible but will take initiative during all periods of down time to work on additional tasks and projects. Additionally, this position will at times work on projects led by Professional Computer Support’s senior technical staff.
The following is a partial list:
- Primary duties of the Helpdesk Specialist include having a wide range of skills and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at site.
- Requires experience in the set-up, configuration, use and troubleshooting of computers.
- Provide advanced technical deployment support for PC and related systems using, Windows XP and Windows 7/8/10.
- Responds and follows-up on customer support problems.
- Responsible for receiving and tracking the trouble tickets, assigns them to a higher technical specialist for action if needed and ensures that their tickets are resolved and closed out with the customer and in the system.
- Responsible for providing telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software, and network related problems, questions and use.
- Providing first-level problem diagnosis with users and listens to the user to determine the issue, classifies level, priority and nature of the problem.
- Take complete ownership of onboarding, including creation of accounts and imaging of machines.
- Take complete ownership of inventory control.
- Willing to work some nights/weekends for large projects.
- At least 4-5 years of help desk experience.
- Experience with cloud solutions.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Link and Microsoft Hosted Exchange
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially ability to listen and understand what is being described with attention to details in transcribing communications.
- Excellent knowledge of computer terms and customer service operations.
- Experience working with smart phones and tablets including iPhones, iPads and Droids.