- Internships /
- IBM Mainframe Software Tester - TO09 - 0516
IBM Mainframe Software Tester - TO09 - 0516Bookmark This
Soft-Con Enterprises, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are seeking a IBM Mainframe Software Tester - TO09-0516 to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software issues.
- Conducts functional and/or integration testing of multiple programs in an IBM mainframe environment
- Programs typically support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax processing pipeline and master file systems
- Uses IRS or Contractor-developed documentation to construct test cases with predetermined results and test data to verify program functionality and/or interfaces through assigned systems
- Reviews output to determine whether or not the test results fulfill the established requirements, and if necessary, notifies the responsible programmers, both orally and in writing, of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies in the programs and/or documentation
- 6 years of progressive IT experience
- 3 years of software testing experience
- Experience in software testing or software development in an IBM mainframe environment
- Before beginning work, candidate must obtain interim staff-like access based upon an IRS Moderate Risk Background Investigation security clearance
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
- Bachelors’ Degree in related field.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Unisys mainframe
- Greenplum Database
- Business Objects
- Rational Tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
- Section 508 compliance testing
- Performance testing
- Security testing
Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software applications is a significant plus
Possession of a current IRS background investigation is a significant plus
NOTES: Candidate must undergo and successfully attain the following security investigation: Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.