- Internships /
- Industry Consultant, Supply Chain Management
Industry Consultant, Supply Chain ManagementBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Industry Consultant, Supply Chain Management
The MEP Industry Consultant is a subject matter expert who can develop, sell, and deliver: high-value executive coaching and mentoring, fee-based training, and implementation services focused on a primary manufacturing industry. Industry Consultants focus primarily upon specific manufacturing needs that are of high value to their cluster(s). The decision-making and skill set requires that the consultant is networked and aligned with local manufacturing trade organizations or economic initiatives. Must be capable of interpreting and activating services relevant to industry needs and executing at the company level. These projects are impactful and will be served via MEP capabilities or other partnering service providers. Industry Consultant will have revenue, impact, and service development metrics that are tracked and measured.
Office Location: Flexible. This position requires travel in Massachusetts and occasional travel outside Massachusetts. Professional dress is often required. The office location for this position will be in Worcester with some flex office options in accordance with Massachusetts’s policy.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Five or more years of direct experience in Supply Chain Management or as a consultant to a manufacturing company in Supply Chain Management.
• Five or more years of direct experience in continuous improvement, quality and operational efficiency and/or growth services.
• Proven ability to develop and deliver new processes or new services that create significant economic impact for a manufacturing company in Supply Chain Management (i.e., cost savings, increased sales, growth, new jobs and new investment).
• Project management experience.
• Ability to sell professional services to manufacturing customers.
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Quality Management Systems.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology.
• MS or MBA degree.
• Business development (sales) experience with professional services.
• Experience consulting to manufacturing executives.
• Six Sigma Black Belt.
• Lean Manufacturing Certification.
• Quality certifications relative to the primary industry.
• Some travel is required for this position.
• A valid driver's license is required for this position.
• A background check will be required for employment in this position.
• Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.