- Internships /
- Informatica/ETL Technical Specialist (Direct-Hire) - 120343
Informatica/ETL Technical Specialist (Direct-Hire) - 120343Bookmark This
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3)
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Informatica/ETL Technical Specialist
Livonia, MI | JO# 120343
Please Note: This is a Direct-Hire opportunity and open to candidates that are US Citizens, Green Card Holders, Canadian Citizens (TN Visa), or professionals that have an EAD. Our clients' preference is to identify local candidates (multiple positions), but they are open out of state candidates who are willing to cover relocation costs. They are open to the possibility of a candidate working remotely if they are a very high-level Informatica/ETL professional. The manager's preference is to have individuals on-site at either their Livonia, MI or Columbus, OH location.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Informatica / ETL Development (5-10 years’ experience)
- Oracle, SQL, and Data Warehouse experience (5-10 years’ experience)
- Healthcare Industry experience/an understanding of Clinical terminology is highly preferred.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Exposure to Clinical Data Feeds
- Teradata preferred, but will accept Oracle or DB2 experience
Scope of Position:
The Informatica/ETL Technical Specialist – Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) is responsible for the development, testing and documentation of complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Interfaces from and to internal and external sources, the transformation and data enhancement of information into the warehouse(s), or the transformation and enhancement within the warehouse environment itself.
- The Technical Specialist is responsible for understanding and applying business knowledge to the ETL processes.
- This position requires seasoned knowledge in developing, testing, documenting, and implementing solutions utilizing the standard portfolio of tools where appropriate and integrating complex internal and external application logic into the ETL.
- This position requires working with legacy and distributed systems and databases to move data effectively and efficiently across different platforms.
- This function requires an extensive background in integrating core technologies solutions through enterprise middleware architectures and incorporating these solutions into complex environments.
- The Technical Specialist is also responsible for managing the process of applying the proper tool(s), ETL development, testing and coding, including architecting ETL solutions for information integration, as well as data delivery channels, formats, and protocols for external third-party reporting.
- Provides leadership on technical projects, assignments and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or information technology and a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in information technology or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Certification in an IS technical discipline is desired.
- Experience in at least three (3) programming languages (COBOL, C++, PL/SQL, Java, etc); and ETL technologies such as InformaticaTM, Data ntegratorTM, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of Health Care data, batch and/or HL-7, Electronic Medical Record and associated nomenclatures, or general business systems (General Ledger, Supply Chain, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of at least one database product (Oracle or Teradata preferred). Experience writing SQL statements and analyzing SQL performance.
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell scripting, Perl, VBScript, etc.). Knowledge of healthcare financial nomenclature and business processes and security requirements.
- Considerable experience and mastery in the construction of data extracts and transformation interface processes.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of integration and ETL methodologies.
- Ability to lead technical projects, assignments and analysis.
- Ability to interface with director level and staff business and technical positions.
- Previous finance or clinical experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work in teams. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively across capability group boundaries.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is the 6th largest Diversity Staffing Firm in the US and a global provider of Business and IT Services, including Staff Augmentation, Managed Staffing Programs, and Solutions, with 25 consecutive years of growth. We have industry expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Energy/Utility and Retail Distribution. S3 has a domestic and international presence in 31 locations across the US and Europe (including the UK, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic). Our highly trained and experienced staff is committed to not only helping you find a job but making sure that the job is the right fit for you!