- Internships /
- Information Technology and Telecom Field Service Technician
Information Technology and Telecom Field Service TechnicianBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Position: Field Technician - Full Time
Salary: $2500 to $3000 per month (depending on experience / Certifications / Degree / Technical Diploma)
Start Date: Immediate / full time
MSN Group / DME has performed IT and Telecom services in Shreveport LA since 2006. We provide these services for many major corporations such as Walmart, Payless Shoes, Wendy’s, McDonald's, and many more. Listed below are MSN Group’s core competencies and a link to our websites that will provide a greater insight of our company:
- Break and fix service calls
- Co-ax / Cat5 /Cat6 / Fiber Optics
- Deployments / Rollouts
- Desktop / Laptop support
- Digital Media / Signage
- DSL and T1 Turn-ups
- Kiosk Systems
- Laser Printer installs and repairs
- Low Voltage Cabling
- Point of Sale Systems
- Rack and Stack (Modems/Switches/Routers)
- Server Hardware / Software
- Site Surveys
- Telecommunications Analog and VoIP
- Traffic / People Counters
- Wireless Access Points
Parent Company (http://msngroup.com)
Field Services (http://datamanagementexpress.com/services.html).
MSN Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced low-voltage cable technician for commercial installation, troubleshooting and repair services based in the Shreveport, LA and surrounding area (approximately 120 mile radius)
We need a technician with 1 year minimum experience with:
- Hardware maintenance, repair and support for printers, desktop and Laptop. (Field service experience only)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analog and data phone circuits
- Have basic understanding of AC/DC circuits
- Basic knowledge of Network Equipment (routers, switches, modems, Wireless Access Points)
- Use of Multi-meter, Wand and Toner, and Cable Qualifier.
- Software/Hardware Installation and Repair
- Terminating Coax/Cat5/Cat6 or Fiber Optics
- Installation/troubleshooting/repair of Low Voltage cabling (Cat5 / Cat6 – will train on Fiber Optic after Probation Period)
Certifications on at least one of these OEM's (not required if verifiable hands on experience)
Avaya*, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Lexmark, CCTV, Fujitsu POS, Cisco, Microsoft MCDST or a minimum of one year (recent) documented service on two or more of the above listed OEM’s.
Telecommunication PBX Experience / Certification for Legacy and IP systems like Avaya, Cisco, Nortel, Panasonic, or other major PBX manufacturer is a PLUS!!!
- Pass 10 point background check
- Agree to random Drug Testing
- Must have reliable service type vehicle (company paid vehicle allowance)
- Have valid driver’s license, insurance, and a clean driving record
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Must keep accurate records on time
- Preparing documents on instances of hardware repair, installation, failure, and removal
- Must have basic data and telecom hand tools
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to go up and down ladders
- Must Pass Scissor Lift Certification(company paid)
- Willing to do some traveling (120 mile radius)
- Must be willing to work up to 20% overtime, and occasional after-hours and/or projects and Emergency service call.
- Work from your home
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Materials Expense Account (after 90 day probation period)
- 2 weeks initial training in Shreveport, LA (company paid)
- Testing meters and some specialized tools provided
- Free access to Dell / Hewlett-Packard / Lexmark Certification Training
- Certification Test reimbursement (Successful Test Passed only)
- One (1) week paid vacation after one (1) year of employment
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation after three (3) years of employment (Cannot be taken consecutively )
- NEW - Location Profit Sharing – Based on quarterly net income after one year of employment to be paid quarterly!
APPLICANT IS NOT TO CALL UNLESS REQUESTED BY MSN GROUP HUMAN RESOURCE PERSONNEL!!!