- Internships /
- Insurance Follow Up Specialist
Insurance Follow Up SpecialistBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description : Insurance Clerk
Compensation : $13-$15 per hour
Hours : M-F, full time 8:30am-5pm
Insurance Clerk Job Purpose: Responsible for the performance of various front office duties in a highly accurate manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Performs new patient registration, updates patient information, data entry of demographics, and any other required information as described by policy; verifies and activates appropriate patient insurance plan.
- Ensures accurate posting of encounter data and posts to appropriate funding/insurance plans.
- Manages patient account balances appropriately to include pre-collections, old balances, and same day service balances.
- Completes end of day reconciliation report ensuring that all encounters are posted and closed; ensures that cash collected reconciles with system cash report; ensures that cash is secured and deposited into safe at end of day.
- Refers patients for screening to determine eligibility for special funding and refers patients with high account balances for consultation.
- Performs patient dismissal to include scheduling of follow up appointments and collects remainder of patient portion of current charges.
- Prepares for next day to include printing of appointment list, confirming appointments, noting alerts for payments and balance’s, obtaining current insurance coverage, updating proof of income, pre-registering patients, and screening patients for program eligibility.
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: High School graduate or equivalent required Preferred or minimum of one year or more of experience in front office duties Demonstrates good verbal and written communications, with good interpersonal and organizational skills Posse’s computer skills with proficiency in data entry and keyboarding skills Has knowledge in medical billing, to include Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance Has ability to handle multiple tasks ensuring completion with minimal supervision Must have good attention to detail.
Contact your local HireCall office or apply online at www.hirecall.com.