- Internships /
- Intern - PR firm
Intern - PR firmBookmark This
Posted: March 11 2015
Company Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, get things done efficiently, and see both the nitty gritty details and the long term big picture?
Do you enjoy PR, marketing, and media relations?
Do you prefer to have a list of action items that you do on your own timeline to meet deadline instead of hand-holding or micro-managing?
Are you an excellent communicator and writer?
Are you creative, innovative, and fearless about talking to people you've never met in person?
Do you treat projects as if your success depends on how well they are accomplished?
Do you prefer to learn by doing?
If you answered 'YES' to all of the above, then this internship position may be for you.
An innovative PR firm is looking for a responsible intern who has a strong understanding of social media platforms, marketing, and PR. This unique internship offers a detail-oriented, responsible person the opportunity to work closely with the company’s top executive on public relations & marketing for the firm and its clients.
The ideal intern for this position is a self-starter who takes initiative, has strong time management skills, and has an enthusiastic can-do attitude.
Responsibilities- Tasks assigned by PR Executive (can include media relations, research, brainstorming sessions, occasional administrative duties, etc)
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Contribute to company’s social media strategy planning with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, SlideShare and more
- Assist with Social Media analysis reports
- Must have access to internet and personal computer as most of our internships include "Virtual" or work-from-home options
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship should be Marketing/Business or Communications majors, with 2-3 years of experience with social media, marketing and/or PR.
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Must have internet access and computer.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Facebook and Twitter