- Internships /
- Internship Program
Internship ProgramBookmark This
WHW (Women Helping Women/Men2Work)
1800 E. McFadden Ave Suite 1A
Santa Ana, CA
Posted: June 09 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Internship Program is a unique opportunity offered by WHW to students involved in Service Learning. The well established curriculum has a multidisciplinary approach that, through a rotation system, integrates all areas of the non-profit organization. This structure allows the student to gain experience and first-hand knowledge of all the relevant elements involved in the operation of a non-profit organization. At WHW you will gain first-hand experience as you work directly with clients, staff and community members to help empower our clients to employment success.
Responsibilities• Direct Client Service: provide high quality, dignified services to low-income clients while assisting them with professional clothing and accessories.
• Administrative Support: perform general clerical duties to ensure the organizational operations run smoothly. Greet clients, ensure that the client intake form is completed accurately, maintain databases, answer telephones, schedule appointments, make copies, fax and file documents.
• Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment: network and promote WHW within the Orange County community. Participate at job fairs, community events, and volunteer recruitment exhibitions.
• Contribution Assessment: receive donations, interact with donors, sort and process donations.
RequirementsExcellent communication and customer service skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Team player.
• Sensitivity toward clients in transition coming from a variety of backgrounds.
• Professional demeanor and dress.