- Internships /
- Java Developer & Software Tester
Java Developer & Software TesterBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Robbins Gioia, LLC is searching for today’s top talent.
- Do you enjoy helping people achieve success?
- Have you ever wanted to be part of an organization that makes a difference in the government or people’s lives?
- Do you have the ability to work independently, but also enjoy being in a collaborative team environment?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then consider joining the Robbins Gioia team.
Robbins Gioia (RG) is a professional services company that thrives on the power of choice. We take great care in choosing our markets, our business partners, and most importantly, choosing the people we invite to join our team.
Founded in 1980, RG has a rich history of helping our clients achieve their mission-critical business goals. We have dedicated professionals that have become experts in their field implementing innovative, customized solutions. In addition to supporting clients, RG invests in its people to foster a collaborative environment where we can learn and grow from each other’s experiences.
Through the power of choice, our employees can shape their careers to become successful Subject Matter Experts and leaders. Through the power of choice, our clients choose us based on our independent perspective, proven methodologies, and time-tested tools. Through the power of choice, we are empowered to be the greatest service company in our chosen markets.
Currently, RG is looking to hire a Java Developer & Software Tester to support our Robbins Gioia Technology business unit in providing high-quality technological expertise along with development and testing support for Robbins Gioia’s suite of Jaguar program management scheduling software tools. A successful candidate must demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of the Java development language and how it is used to implement complex business rules. An understanding of using Java Enterprise Edition 6 (JEE6) to create robust web applications and graphics is a must. An understanding of software testing principles and execution is also required.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Communicating with internal clients to understand business processes, gather requirements, and coordinate ongoing iterative development
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and documenting existing and future code modules
- Analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving issues
- Coordinating with other developers on the team to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensuring the plan includes tasks that address each of them
- Working within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions
- Participating in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Developing and executing test cases supporting both unit and regression testing of software products
- Analyzing and reporting findings from testing activities
- Performing root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- Evaluating outcomes, reporting results and documenting findings according to current standards
- Ensuring work product aligns with requirements
- Working with the team to develop and deliver training on the new features
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to apply relevant systems engineering, development and testing skills while working as a member of the software product team, and be responsible for maintaining the software products and answering questions from the field concerning configuration and development issues as they relate to customer/client support.
A Specialist is an exempt business professional who performs a wide range of routine clerical, support, or administrative tasks while providing support to employees and/or vendors for business operations. Specialists may also provide subject matter expertise within a specialized function.
Technical Experience Required:
- Experience with Java 8+
- Experience using some or all of the following JEE6 technologies to develop web based applications: Servlet 3.x, Enterprise JavaBeans 3.x, Java Persistence API 2.x, JavaServer Faces 2.x, PrimeFaces 4.x, Apache Shiro 1.2.x, BIRT 4.5+, Hibernate, Google Web Toolkit, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 6
- Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c SQL and PLSQL
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in formal Software Development Lifecycle development efforts (including Waterfall, Spiral, and Agile)
- Thorough understanding of test methodologies and processes
Core Job Requirements:
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of professional technical experience
- 2+ years of Java development
- 2+ years of Java Enterprise Edition development
- 2+ years of working in a software test environment executing manual and automated tests, fault identification, and reporting
- 1+ years of Oracle 11g/12c PL/SQL development
- Current clearance or the ability to obtain one
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience with UNIX is a plus (HP-UX and SunOS/Solaris preferred)
- Experience with Eclipse and TOAD
- Experience with Visual SourceSafe and Subversion is a plus
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Disability/Vet/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RG professionals work side-by-side with clients all across North America, developing and implementing the processes, infrastructure and management technology that help organizations achieve their goals. Our practitioners leverage the company's more than 30 years of experience and custom program management methodologies to successfully deliver projects on budget and on time while managing significant change, optimizing business processes, and achieving a sustainable competitive advantage.
RG provides business results to non-profit organizations, large government agencies, and major commercial companies. Our past and present clients include the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, American Red Cross, U.S. Army, Defense Logistics Agency, General Motors, Merrill Lynch, Verizon, and more.
How RG Gives Back (Corporate Social Responsibility)
RG not only has a responsibility to ensure our customers are successful, but to also make a positive impact in the communities that we live and work in. In addition to encouraging our employees to be active within their community, RG leads by example. We infuse the Heart of RG into our chosen charitable organizations with the greatest level of support we can provide.