- Internships /
- Licensed Practical Nurse LPN ( Part time)
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN ( Part time)Bookmark This
Joliet Job Corps
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Responsible to provide preventative and emergency health services and wellness education to students. Evaluates, determines and recommends appropriate medical, mental health and dental services for student population. Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information and compliance with all HIPAA laws.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. LPN Certification from an accredited program and a valid in-state license to practice as an LPN. A minimum of one year of health care experience preferred. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION: May supervise and manage Wellness staff. May serve as Acting Wellness Manager in Wellness Manager’s absence where allowed by State Law.(Phlebotomy Experience Required)
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:00am - 12:00pm
- Assists Wellness Manager to coordinate and provide medical, mental and dental services for students.
- Complies with local and federal guidelines for the administration of all medications and maintenance of medical records.
- Ensures compliance with HIPPA and other applicable laws and regulations regarding patient privacy and the maintenance of medical records.
- May assist in conducting cursory medical examinations for students.
- Performs first aid treatment, bedside patient care and other wellness services as required.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary environment within Wellness Services.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR