- Internships /
- Maintenance Technician I
Maintenance Technician IBookmark This
Los Gatos Meadows
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Honor ~ Respect ~ Embrace ~ Serve ~ Grow ~ Build
Primary Purpose: To participate in ensuring the effective overall maintenance, operation and safety of Los Gatos Meadows.
Job Performance Standards:
I. CORE PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Constantly exhibits behavior as set forth in the attached Core Performance Standards.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
A. Uses basic hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws and hand drills, and basic electrical inspection and electrical test equipment and tools.
B. Assists in performing minor electrical repairs to systems including, but not limited to, ballasts, switches, plugs and connectors, lamps, and receptacles.
C. Performs painting on interior and exterior walls, doors, ceilings, beams, carport areas, fences, etc.
D. Refinishes Los Gatos Meadows furniture, as required.
E. Repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and sets up heavy equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
F. Assists in performing general plumbing repairs including, but not limited to, sinks and basins, water closets and urinals, faucets and valves of various types, pumps, hot water heaters and garbage disposals.
G. Assists in conducting routine checks as scheduled, and maintains log books as required.
H. Observes conditions of facility and reports any problems noted to Maintenance supervisor or Director of Facility Services.
I. Assists in performing minor carpentry work.
J. Assists in maintenance and repair of all facility equipment. This includes all laundry, food service and nursing equipment.
K. Assists in moving residents as needed.
L. Performs pool, spa, and fountain maintenance tasks such as cleaning, replacing pool filters, monitoring and ensuring correct chemical levels and water temperature.
M. Assists with janitorial work as necessary including mopping and extracting of water, etc.
N. The employee shall work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with staff and colleagues and supervisors.
O. Participates in Facility Emergency Plan training and fire drills; and if an emergency or disaster occurs, immediately assumes the pre-assigned emergency duties.
P. Any other tasks as assigned by management.
Education & Knowledge:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade or vocational school training preferred.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Ability to learn and retain basic skills of the trade.
- Ability to learn to read diagrams, and operating and maintenance instructions.
The MaintenanceTechnician I may be exposed to blood and body fluids.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Ability to relate and work with the disabled, ill, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Ability to perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move heavy equipment and materials, at a minimum of thirty five pounds, following safety precautions and instructions at all times.
- Ability to work in awkward and cramped positions or on ladders.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with others throughout the facility.
- Position may require working evening and /or weekend hours.
- Must complete physical examination , drug screening test, and TB test.
- Employment contingent upon fingerprint clearance from Department of Justice.
Episcopal Senior Communities opened and operates this well-established retirement community and prides itself on offering a positive work environment where teamwork, open communication, and professionalism are emphasized.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.