- Internships /
- Material Handler / Truck Driver
Material Handler / Truck DriverBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
***Chauffeur License required***
** Must be willing to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift and some weekend work required**
Job Title: Supermarket Material Handler / Truck Driver
Location: 1410 Allen Road, Troy
Pay Grade: 3
Function: Coordinate supermarket style warehouse for production facilities by transferring materials to and from the supermarket area, production floor and other plants using the staging areas and SAP. Load, unload and drives materials between various buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Physically transfers materials from staging areas into and out of the Supermarket area.
• Receives product and examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, bill of ladings, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
• Delivers raw materials to production facilities
• Delivers finished goods to the warehouse
• Delivers other materials and items as needed to the various facilities
• Records daily hi-lo and truck check sheets.
• Ensures proper maintenance of company truck
• Prepares documents, such as transfer sheets to route materials.
• Manages inventory using prescribed counting methods.
• Ensures production floor is stocked with material and transfers material as needed.
• Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
• Confers and corresponds with purchasing, quality, and sales to rectify problems such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Uses SAP system.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Facilitate the needs of material to the staging areas.
• Paperwork, Tracking, proper tagging.
• Shipping (pack, wrap, ship).
• Receiving (record weights, pieces, and P.O.’s).
• Phone calls to others as needed
• Bill of ladings, faxes, e-mails, supply log & monthly inventory.
Special Circumstances of the Job:
• Work overtime as required.
• Drives Company Trucks over the road.
• Handling and Moving Objects.
• Sounds, Noise Levels are Distracting, etc.; Cramped Work Space, Awkward Positions; Hazardous Equipment; Kneeling, Crouching, or crawling; Using Hands on Objects, Tools, or Controls; Bending or Twisting the Body; Common Protective or Safety Attire.
• Minimum 2 years experience at similar position
• Must currently possess unexpired Chauffer License
• Must have minimum 2 years experience operating forklift and must be licensed by Witzenmann within 30 days of placement
• Computer Literate
• 1 year working knowledge of SAP receiving or similar MRP system
• Good knowledge of trucking and material handling
• Neat and organized
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Coordinates with Internally:
Coordinates with Externally:
• Freight Companies
• Supply Companies
As an integrated member of the Witzenmann group we are able to locally fabricate and deliver innovative, high quality and cost effective engineered solutions. Our customers have access to the extensive know-how and development capabilities of specialist engineers and market focused teams who have gained unrivalled experience during our many years as a leading manufacturer of flexible elements.
With 5 locations we are able to achieve our corporate aim of 'always being close to the customer'.
The competence and skills of our employees are continually developed using the groups worldwide Witzenmann Qualification Program. This enables our local employees to participate in both internal & external training sessions helping us to ensure that each and every customer is able to benefit from the latest innovations & developments.