- Internships /
- Material Handler Warehouse - Hatfield, PA
Material Handler Warehouse - Hatfield, PABookmark This
B & G Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Our Material Handler works independently and with limited direction to safely and efficiently pull, pack, transport and store materials throughout the facility. He/she performs incoming inspections and uses fork lifts and other moving equipment. Performs necessary inventory transactions and inspection results as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Reads work orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2) Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets, trays, or racks by hand or by utilizing 4 D fork truck, or other fork trucks and moving devices.
3) Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist.
4) Performs incoming material inspections by comparing materials received to drawings/prints. Using box cutters, wire cutters, or other hand tools to open boxes, crates, bundles; Material Handler B measures materials using gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc. and compares dimensions to print specifications.
5) Enters specific transactions into computer software.
6) Communicates professionally with internal and external customers and suppliers.
7) Supports an environment of continuous improvement to reduce waste and control costs.
8) Maintains safety standards and OSHA compliance.
9) Drive company car, pickup truck and van as needed.
1) Cross train into at least two positions and perform those duties when needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
1) HS diploma or equivalent.
2) Minimum 3 years warehouse/forklift experience.
3) Ability to maneuver 70 pounds and safely push carts, dollies, and operate other material handling equipment.
4) Basic math skills and the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
5) Able to use Computer system.
6) Valid drivers' license
1) Experience with forklift and other warehouse machinery.
2) Demonstrates organizational skills and attention to detail.
3) Efficient use of computers and desktop applications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Warehouse/Manufacturing environment. Requires a frequent amount of physical labor including reaching, lifting, carrying, twisting, stooping, and regular walking/standing across the facility.
The B &G Team
Our company is built on collaboration and team work, and we strive to make this relationship grow and prosper. Each and every employee is part of the B &G Team and your individual efforts, along with the efforts of your teammates are very important to our mutual success. We stand for the principles of equal opportunity, safe working conditions, fair and equitable treatment, recognition of exemplary work, and open dialog.
At B & G Manufacturing Company, we train and promote from within at every opportunity, and team members are encouraged to apply internally for open positions. The company also offers tuition assistance for those looking for formal training on their own time.
We offer Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Immediate inclusion in the 401(k) Plan with match; company paid short-term & long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account, Gym Membership reimbursement, tuition reimbursement and more. Become part of an innovative team with proven longevity! Find out more about us at www.bgmfg.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Female /Disabled /Veterans