- Internships /
- Materials Manager
Materials ManagerBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
REPORTS TO:Plant Manager
Our client is a national provider of Contract Packaging services. With more than 17 years of experience providing Contract Packaging solutions, this company is constantly developing innovative products and service offerings for their customer’s packaging needs. Headquartered in North Carolina, the company currently has over 1.3 million sq. ft. of production and distribution facilities across the U.S. with six sites located in North Carolina, Iowa, Texas, and Ohio. The company is committed to rapid growth both domestically and internationally while continuing to provide innovative, quality and, cost‐effective solutions to their Customers.
The position will be located in the Company’s new production facility near in Dallas, TX. As a key member of the site Operations Management team, you’ll increase profitability by identifying and pursuing planning/scheduling improvement opportunities. The Materials Manager develops and leads the execution of a supply chain strategy that supports the location(s) objectives for Supplier Quality, Supplier On-Time Delivery (OTD), Supplier Lead Times, Material Cost Reduction, and Inventory Reduction. The Materials Manager rationalizes the supply base, improves supplier relationships, implements Supplier Agreements, drives increased sourcing from low cost sources when applicable, and reduces the administrative cost of the Supply Chain Function. The successful candidate must be well versed in manufacturing processes, including materials management, inventory and production control, and manufacturing scheduling and planning. Key accountabilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintains optimum inventory levels and accuracy to ensure on-time deliveries while maximizing turns, minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges;
- Manage and effectively execute capacity planning to balance capacity and schedules;
- Manage, coordinate and control materials planning through pull systems, Kanban and WIP with the ultimate discipline;
- Implement a supply chain strategy that maximizes customer satisfaction through on-time delivery, lead time and quality metrics, reduces inventory and delivers the lowest total cost;
- Builds strong relationships with suppliers; manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement;
- Lead/participate in operational improvement initiatives that will eliminate waste and result in significant benefits (Growth, Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost) throughout the Supply Chain;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the personnel in the department including master scheduling, purchasing, materials planning, inventory & receiving;
- Responsible for developing and improving materials delivery by using Material Flow (MMF) and Continuous Flow (CCF) processes in support of manufacturing and inventory strategies;
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the performance of physical inventories and/or cycle counting to meet fiscal reporting requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Materials Management/Engineering, Supply Chain and/or related field required. CPM, CSCP, CPIM or other professional certification for procurement or supply chain preferred.
- Seven (7) years’ materials experience that includes purchasing, planning, forecasting and inventory control management in an industrial environment.
- Material flow optimization through tools such as Lean, Visual Management, and Supplier Value Stream Mapping.
- Project Management related to supply chain management (inventory reduction, product changes, converting inventory, etc.)
- Experience with ERP/MRP software for supply chain/inventory management.
- Proven success in leading, developing and motivating a materials team.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and with suppliers/vendors.
- Proven expertise in developing supplier quality systems and supplier performance metrics.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Ability to influence and drive change and accountability.
§ Inventory Supervisor, Scheduler, Warehouse Manager, Receiving Supervisors
§ The chosen candidate will be expected to travel approximately 10%.
We specialize in finding top caliber talent for our clients from the Director level to the individual contributor. PinPoint Solutions, along with its sister division, Westport Intl, provide a great variety of customized recruiting products and services. Using advanced internet search tools and traditional methods of targeted recruiting, PinPoint Solutions defines the right framework and search time to deliver optimum results while managing client costs. Because we offer a solution based approach versus the typical transactional approach, we build more accountability into the relationships with our clients.