- Internships /
- Medical Collector
Medical CollectorBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Established multi-specialty medical practice is seeking a full time Bi-lingual medical collector to work in their Tarzana office. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and have a minimum of 1 year experience working with out of network claims and speaking with patients who have received out of network benefits. The duties of this position will require an individual with strong multi-tasking ability, attention to detail and excellent attendance. Reliable transportation is also required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Calling insurance companies to follow up on claims status.
- Contacting patients to collect provider reimbursements paid directly to the subscriber.
- Review of file notes.
- Preparation and distribution of patient statements
- Ability to negotiate repayment of debt
- Issuing final demand collection letters
- Accurate documentation of all communication with patient and insurance companies.
- Degree in related field or minimum 1-2 years on the job experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with out of network provider.
- Strong office skills to include proficiency in Excel, Word, PDF Pro and Outlook.
- Strong writing and typing skills
- Bi-lingual – Fluent English & Spanish Speaking. (Ability to write Spanish is a plus)
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format.