- Internships /
- Medical Insurance Authorization and Verification Representative
Medical Insurance Authorization and Verification RepresentativeBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Medical Authorization and Verification Representatives
We Want YOU!
If you are a highly motivated, energetic and fun-loving individual eager to be challenged in the healthcare industry, look no further and apply now! Healthcare is here to stay! Our company has experienced strong growth year after year and strives to be the premier Durable Medical Equipment provider in the North East part of the country.
No previous healthcare experience is required although health insurance knowledge or healthcare billing knowledge is welcomed. Our comprehensive, thorough and intense customer service training platform will help you develop all the skills necessary to perform your job and excel in this industry for years to come.
To ensure all delivered orders have been verified for eligibility, deductibles and correct quantities. Responsibilities also consist of determining if clinical information is needed to obtain authorization and is obtained by Customer Service Reps. Making certain patient’s account is set up properly and the ability to communicate with insurance carriers, Customer Service and Management.
What will YOU do?
· Complete Insurance Verification to determine eligibility, product specific coverage, co-pays and deductibles.
· Provide Customer Service with a properly completed Insurance Verification form for all orders requiring insurance verification.
· Obtain documentation required by the insurance carrier (including prescriptions and LMN) from the Customer Service Representative.
· Obtain pre-authorization if required by insurance carrier. Fax Physician orders to insurance carriers for approval and authorization when required.
· Follow-up with insurance carriers and Customer Service in a timely manor.
· Communicate with Customer Service and Management on an ongoing basis.
· Enter all pertinent information in computer system including policyholder information, authorizations and expiration dates.
· Verify that insurance carrier is listed in system, and if not, request that the new carrier is entered.
· Contact patient for additional information if necessary. (Inform patient of financial responsibilities if necessary.)
· Keep abreast of changes in contracts and insurance carriers through in-services and memos.
· Interact with external and internal customers in an appropriate professional manner.
· Attend and participate in company Quality Assurance and Compliance in-service/training programs on an ongoing basis.
What are WE looking for?
- A GREAT attitude!
- A willingness to learn!
- A strong work ethic!
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- A variety of computer skills. Excel is a must.
- Ability to welcome change and adapt to new technology.
Compensation and benefits
- We are a performance based company that does annual evaluations and review of individual goals.
- Competitive Benefits such as Health, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays.
- 401k program.
- Bonus and overtime opportunities (depending on the position).
APPLY NOW:Please respond to this posting and send your resume, with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a great fit within our organization (and anything else you think we should know or find interesting),
Disclaimer: Any and all job offers will be contingent upon a clean background check in accordance with our accreditation and internal standards and regulations.