myISH Channel Editorial Intern Winter/SpringBookmark This
Are you creative? Do you have a passion for pop culture and online media? Wanna learn about the business of media and entertainment in a start-up environment?
IconicTV is building a multi-channel network of over the top (OTT) premium content channels in three basic verticals: music, lifestyle & multi-cultural. In 2012, IconicTV launched three channels as part of YouTube’s high-profile, premium content creation effort.
About the position:
Iconic TV is looking for interns to work at myISH—a pop culture/pop music channel on YouTube. Through its off-the-cuff, pop-culture programming, myISH is your one-stop YouTube source for music and celebrity news, artist interviews and performances, and brand-spankin’-new music videos. (www.youtube.com/myISH)
Intern activities to include:
• Staying on top of the latest pop culture news
• Discovering videos on YouTube with the potential to go viral
• Brainstorming ideas for new YouTube shows and special projects
• Identifying new artists to feature
• Assisting the Editorial Director with a number of social media initiatives, from posting on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumbler, and other platforms to engaging the YouTube community
• Promoting myISH to music influencers, websites, and blogs
• Assisting the channel’s General Manager and Editorial Director with daily tasks such as calendar upkeep
Intern candidates must:
• Possess excellent writing skills
• Be an active social media consumer, with a strong understanding of how each platform works
• Be a creative thinker
• Love, worship, and adore music and celebrity culture
The internship is unpaid but can count as class credit. All candidates should send their resume and quick cover letter along with their days/hours of availability to Stephanie Preiss, firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the name of the position for which you are applying in the Subject line of your email. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis so apply early! Our offices are located in Chelsea.