- Internships /
- Nurse Care Manager (LPN-RN-LCSW) (Blacksburg/Christianburg/Wytheville)
Nurse Care Manager (LPN-RN-LCSW) (Blacksburg/Christianburg/Wytheville)Bookmark This
Choices In Senior Care LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Care Manager – Part Time or PRN
Nurses and LCSWs are you tired of the fast/hetic/uncertain pace of the hospitals? Do you need flexibility in your schedule? Do you want to use YOUR expertise and knowledge to the fullest? Do you have the passion and desire to assist clients and their families navigate through the aging process? LOOK NO FURTHER! Come join our highly professional and compassionate team.
Hours:Office hours are 8:30am- 5:00pm, M-F. Care Managers (CMs) are allowed to work from a home office, and have flexibility to work unconventional hours to accommodate team and/or client appointments. Part time CMs must be available M-F to receive assignments. Some weekend work or communication may be required on an as need basis.
Classification:Non- Exempt, Hourly, Part Time (30 or more hours weekly) or PRN (19hrs average per week)
Reports to:Area Team Leader and/or the Director of Care Management Operations
Position Effective Date: 6 July 2016 or ASAP
Summary: Responsible to provide quality professional care management services to all clients and their responsible parties adhering to the ALCA Pledge of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Choices in Senior Care’s mission statement. Care management is defined as professional consulting which assists clients and their responsible parties with decisions related to aging, available services and long term care planning. Our objective is to assist our clients and their responsible parties in managing and navigating the issues they will face as they age through the process of assessment, care planning, and evaluation of care.
· Positive · Commitment to customer service · Self-Directed · Organized · Team player · Strong communicator, including ability to write clear, concise documentation · Problem solver · Dynamic and Creative · Respectful of company and client confidentiality - Ability to provide non-directive guidance and facilitate constructive relationships · Demonstrates Flexibility and Accessibility · Effective Time Manager · “Big picture” thinker; ability to see the big picture and use it to anticipate future needs.
· Highly Competent in company’s core principles—Care Passionately; Take Ownership; Serve with Integrity; Challenge the Norm; Strive for More; Respect for Others; Embrace Teamwork
· Responsible for adhering to company mission, philosophies and all policies and procedures.
· Responsible for professional behavior on behalf of clients and in all community venues. Promote and represent Choices in Senior Care whenever an opportunity arises.
· Act as an advocate for clients, recognizing the client's values rather than own.
· Conduct care plan assessments to identify problems, eligibility for assistance, and need for services. The assessment may include medical history, current level of functioning, cognitive and emotional status, safety of the environment, as well as any financial or legal needs.
· Based on the assessment and in conjunction with the client/ significant others, care manager will develop a plan of care that includes recommendations to increase client safety and enhance their quality of life. The care manager may be requested to implement, monitor and manage and update the care plan.
· Screen, arrange, and monitor all services to optimize benefit to the client.
· Offer referrals to medical, financial or legal specialists as needed to avoid future problems and conserve assets.
· Work to ensure there are no inappropriate placements, duplication of services, and unnecessary hospitalizations.
· Maintain quality control – care management services adhere to ALCA’S Standards of Practice and Pledge of Ethics.
· Assist with transitioning client to an appropriate facility as needed.
· Ensure coordination of communication between all physicians, client, and their responsible family.
· Ongoing monitoring of clients’ health status and well-being.
· Provide crisis intervention as needed.
· Act as a liaison to responsible parties and related professionals, whether local or distant, to keep them informed of the client's situation. Communication must be effective and completed no later than 24 hours after the interaction.
· Provide ongoing consultation and support to client and their families.
· Educate the client and/or family on aging issues, health, and life choices. Provide consumer education as needed.
· If assigned to a special contract, CM must follow all guidelines and meet deadlines for that contract.
· Comply consistently with established time standards.
· VA Licensed LPN, RN (Associates or Higher required/ BSN preferred) or LCSW with Master’s Degree.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in local human service or medical field, as well as resources regularly utilized by older adults (i.e. Medicare - Medicaid - Community resources - etc.) in your community.
- Reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- As many of the Care Manager duties will be performed from a home office, must have high speed internet access and ability to work in a private environment for HIPAA compliance. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be technologically adept and able to learn new software.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and DMV Check at hire and randomly as required by company policy. Maintain insurability per company policy.
Physical Demands:Must be able to sit for long periods, stoop, lift, and bend effectively so as to be able to perform the above listed Job Duties & Responsibilities. Must be able to sit in car and drive, sometimes for several hours per day.
Work Environment:This job operates in a professional office environment and extends into clients’ homes. May be required to perform certain duties from a home office.
Travel:Primarily local during the business day, although some out- of- area travel may be expected.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listings of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
APPLY ON-LINE: www.choicesinseniorcare.com Click on the Career Tab, select the position you wish to apply and follow the instructions.
AAP/EEO Statement:Choices in Senior Care is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions related to compensation and all terms, conditions or privileges of employment on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy), religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and prohibited by the Company.
OTHER BENEFITS: Bonuses, Profit sharing, Tela-Doc, Legal Shield, and discounts to Verizon and Nationwide Pet Insurance.