- Internships /
- Nurse Manager
Nurse ManagerBookmark This
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Our Framingham health center is looking for a full time Nurse Manager!
The Nurse Manager is a member of the clinical practice team and works collaboratively with other team members in providing patient care. As part of the team-based approach to care, the Nurse Manager will participate in coordinating care for individual patients, will support patients and families in self-management, through evidenced-based approaches as may be appropriate, will engage in health center projects that are aimed at specific patient population needs, and will utilize effective and appropriate communication strategies, such as health literacy approaches when working with patients. In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the nursing staff within the assigned clinical team. Responsible for projects to improve operational efficiency of nursing functions. In addition, through collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Nurse Manager ensures clinical competency of the nursing and medical assistant staff, fostering optimal patient care and facilitating positive patient outcomes. Time is evenly divided between managing day-to-day operations and long-term management functions.
- MA Registered Nurse License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- 3-5 years nursing experience with emphasis on community nursing health education and urgent care.
- Clinical experience with patients with chronic diseases highly desirable.
- Experience in health education, teaching, or case management.
- I.V. qualified preferred will train.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Work experience with low-income, multi-ethnic population desirable
REQ 255 FRAM FT