- Internships /
- Operations Manager
Operations ManagerBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
To apply please go to www.prattindustries.com and in the upper right hand corner click on careers. Under #3 Search by Keyword, type in "operations manager Kent" and locate posting number 15061600005686 to apply.
Operations Manager Retail Specialty Division
Pratt Industries Retail Specialty Division is seeking High Energy Operations Manager for our Kent, Washington Warehouse location. To learn more about Pratt Industries please visit our website at www.prattindustries.com
The Operation Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading a team on Inventory management, component calculators, outbounds, inventory cycle/physical counts, inventory reorder points, damage/waste, Customer assurance.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly monitoring of labor and labor tracking
- Work with the Customer Service to recognize and eliminate any store level requirements
- Work with Sales to recognize and resolve D/C level requirements and resolve any disposition of product (picking up, scrap, return to vendors).
- Fulfillment of orders, operational expenses invoices.
- Verify and approve all operational expenses within week/month of incurring expense.
- Manage invoices at a local level to insure we get best service and value for division as compared to corporate contracts.
- Management of workforce: maintain and promote a safe environment per Pratt Industries Safety Requirements
- Schedule workforce daily to meet needs of the warehouse, maintain and promote clean work environment
- Provide leadership on a daily basis either through pre-shift meetings to distribute the daily task to Pratt employees’ and temporary employees’ to inform the employees of the daily goals and objectives that must be met to serve the customer.
- Maintain and promote a high quality standard (no damaged product to the customer, maintaining and in house QA process, timely disposition of damaged goods.
- High level of energy, must be able to multitask and lead the group daily in a fast paced environment .
- Must be highly organized and have superior time management skills
- Must have Superior Attention to detail for the Customer and ensure the Customer’s expectations regarding delivery time, quality of the product and cleanliness of the Product is met on a daily basis.
Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Supply Chain Management
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
College and/or related technical experience.
Five years’ supervisory experience as a proven manager of at least 15-30 people.
Four years’ experience in the distribution or warehouse/logistics environment.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Working knowledge in MS office (incl. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative of the company.
The performance of the supervisor will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the Operations Manager will need to see that all reporting staff meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the supervisor.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the supervisor to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the supervisor and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the Operations Manager will be evaluated regarding his/her and his/her reporting staff's skills and advancements in the areas of motivational techniques and results, positive and corrective/constructive feedback, subordinate development and creating a positive work environment.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the Operations Manager and his/her direct reports are in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Declaration: The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled) Employer,
it is the Company's policy to hire and promote the most qualified applicants and
to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.
Declaration: The Company is a federal contractor which complies fully with Executive Order 11246,
as amended, and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Parts 60-1 through 60-60; 29 U.S.C.
Section 793 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-741;
[38 U.S.C. Section 4212 and the applicable regulations contained in 41 C.F.R. Part 60-250 and/or 60-300;
and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A.]