- Internships /
- Operations Support Specialist
Operations Support SpecialistBookmark This
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Posted: November 15 2016
Overview: The position of Operations Support Specialist is responsible for performing bank operational back office duties in a high volume deadline driven environment. The Operations Support Specialist interacts with various bank personnel to communicate, coordiante and resolve concerns with daily Operations Support work processed.
- Performs daily processing of a wide variety of technical backoffice banking functions in suppport of overall bank and branch operations. Activities may include but not limited to:
- Activity on Controlled Accounts
- Bank Account reconciliation (cashiers checks, expense checks, interest checks)
- Incoming and outgoing domestic collections
- Foreign Collections
- Legal Process Handling
- Non-Posted Items
- NSF and Returned Items
- Reviewing Large Items
- Stop Payments
- ACH Returns
- BSA Call Backs
- ACH notification of changes
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person; exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- May assist the Operations Support Manager in assuring quality control in regards to audits and certifications.
- Processes, solves and answers difficult customer transactions, problems or inquiries within given authority.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of a financial institution clerical and/or branch support background.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.