- Internships /
- Packaging Consultant Trainee
Packaging Consultant TraineeBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
PERFECT FOR RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATES!
United Packaging is a consulting firm that provides programs and solutions encompassing the packaging, shipping, facility maintenance, and safety requirements of businesses across a wide array of industries. Our talented team consists of seasoned industry veterans, Six Sigma black belts, MBA’s, and young “up and comers” who bring a fresh set of eyes to old problems.
Packaging Consultant Trainee Job Profile
In this entry-level role, the Packaging Consultant Trainee will engage in an extensive training program for the first couple months of employment. The Trainee will be required to pass both written and hands on assessments, validating their understanding of each subject matter area being focused on. As part of the program, the Trainee will learn how to perform various tests and analyses associated with packaging and shipping, and will gain knowledge needed to provide clientele with alternative solutions that improves productivity, enhances the client’s brand, advocates for sustainability where desired, and promotes employees health & safety, all while helping the client reach their company goals and objectives. Upon completion of the program, the Trainee will become a Packaging Consultant and will prospect in a territory assigned to her/him. She/he will be tasked with establishing relationships and closing new business with prospects in order to grow a book of continuing business clients for themselves. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, will identify themselves as exceptional at conceptualization, and be strongly financially motivated to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities – Packaging Consultant Trainee
· Accountable for taking a participative role in their training. Off hours studying and researching supplemental training aids and information online during the course of the training should be expected in order to attain all competencies required to become a Packaging Consultant.
· Throughout course of training, build list of potential clients/prospects in Trainee’s assigned territory. Log the prospect information into a company tracking file for prospecting use once training program is completed and Trainee gets promoted to a Packaging Consultant.
· When assigned as part of the training, observe and note activities and tasks engaged by experienced, veteran staff.
· Accurately perform hands-on pick-pack-price, stretch film cut & weighs, dimensional weight calculations, box sealing tape calculations, and other analytical packaging related tasks, on demand when requested to do so throughout training.
Duties and Responsibilities – Packaging Consultant
· Develop new business prospects through cold calling, networking, internet searches, and other methods.
· Track/log all prospect communications in company call log book.
· Gather and document client/prospect data on their current consumable spend within the packaging, shipping, safety, and facility maintenance processes.
· Complete at least one Elevate, business intelligence tool, project with a client/prospect every forty-five calendar days throughout the year.
· Present United Packaging’s Advantage Program to at least one client/prospect every month. Packaging Consultant is expected to enroll a minimum of two clients per year on the program.
· Schedule a minimum of two, in-person prospect appointments per week with decision makers through cold calling efforts.
· Establish and maintain daily, weekly, monthly personal follow-up campaign for clients and prospects.
· Achieve monthly and annual company target measures for individual performance in matrices assigned as part of compensation program.
Cultural Requirements and Skills
· Identify themselves as remarkably comfortable meeting and communicating with new people from a variety of backgrounds, on a regular basis.
· Consider themselves to have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive when independent goals and objectives are assigned.
· Enjoy results-orientated environment where individual success is praised and financially rewarded.
· Possess exceptionally strong competitive tendencies, and a tenacious ambition to be successful.
· Label themselves as life-long learner who has a thirst for ongoing education to support their personal life and career.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a must.
· Unwaveringly identifies themselves as having a positive attitude.
Education and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline strongly preferred, but may consider other majors.
· Excellent research and time management skills required.
· Continuous improvement methodology exposure via course work or certifications, i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc., is a plus.
· Public speaking experience, i.e. leadership roles in school/community organizations, public speaking workshops/course work, etc., is a plus.
· Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation as driving to clients/prospects is required.
Interested in starting a rewarding career with United Packaging? Begin by uploading your resume and taking a short 15 minute assessment today. Visit the link below and click on the “Packaging Consultant Trainee” tab to get started:
Yes, we distribute some of the best packaging, shipping, safety, and janitorial supplies in the industry. And others will say the same. So why choose United Packaging? Because you need a partner, not a vendor.
When others are simply order takers, we take a holistic, consultative approach. Everyone wants to save money. Of course. But, when others will simply offer you the cheapest tape, we'll show you how using the right tape can actually save you more. When others are myopically fixated on unit cost or case cost, we're looking at the big picture for even better, long-term savings.
And, sometimes, those savings come in the form of other efficiencies like properly managed inventory, streamlined packaging, better equipment, and decreased safety issues. We'll help you spot the waste and eliminate it.
We're in it for the big picture and we're always up for a challenge. We have decades of experience. Some of our clients have partnered with us for over 20 years for this very reason. Our team consists of seasoned industry veterans, Six Sigma black belts, and young "up and comers" who bring a fresh set of eyes to old problems.
Consider us full service. Whether you need help getting the right supplies at the right price or something more comprehensive like proactive inventory management, off-site stocking, logistics, or packaging equipment, we're here for you.